iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A treasured gift

Started by Darrel, September 16, 2018, 06:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

When I got out of church, a gentleman of about 90 Years of age approached me and said, "I've got something for you."  I followed him to his car and he gave me this. 

It may not be my number one choice of cant hook, but the thought couldn't be any more appreciated even if it was. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

thecfarm

There is a story behind that cantdog.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Darrel

He said that he bought it new in about 1965. Didn't use it every day but made up for it on weekends. He also apologized for not getting all the blue paint worn off. 
1992 LT40HD

WDH

Yes, treasure it for the thoughtfulness of that fine fellow.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ron Scott

Great gift! Continue its use.
~Ron

Magicman

His intentions were very thought out and honorable.  Treasure it.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Darrel

It is my intention to have it with me on every sawing job and I'm sure it will get used from time to time because sometimes you need one more cant hook. This is a heavy 60" treasure!
1992 LT40HD

Magicman

Back when I still used wood handled cant hooks, I would give them a good soaking with Thompson's Water Seal to try to preserve the handles.  There may be something better but that is what I used.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Darrel

From looking at it, it has been stored inside when not in use but the handle looks mighty dry. I had planned to give it a light sanding and apply a couple generous oats of boiled linseed oil. The Thompson's water seal also sounds like a good idea. 
1992 LT40HD

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

lxskllr

I use olive oil on my leather and wooden stuff. The leather use is still too new to comment on, but it's done a good job with the wood. I like it cause I have a bunch for cooking, so I don't have to hunt down seldom used containers, and I can stick my fingers in my mouth after applying it without worry.

Thank You Sponsors!