iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Started by Texas Ranger, January 21, 2005, 03:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

70 in Texas, blue skies and light breeze.  Ground is beginning to dry, robins in the yard, deer feeding at night, as usual, and I am in t-shirt and jeans, as usual.

Life is good. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sprucebunny

Had to rub it in , didn'tcha ??? ;D

-12F / -25C
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

Quote70 in Texas, blue skies and light breeze.  Ground is beginning to dry, robins in the yard, deer feeding at night, as usual, and I am in t-shirt and jeans, as usual.

Life is good. 8)

The good side of senility eh Don? :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Frank_Pender

Do not let them get to ya Ranger.  I is 64 here today and sunny. 8)
Frank Pender

SwampDonkey

Oh yeah!? Well its -15 F here (-25 F in the river valley) and ice crystals (not snow because its not cloudy) coming down from the sky and wind blowing across the open fields and highways. And its 90 F inside with my wood stoked furnace and my mouse and keyboard clicking away on the forum. :P

:D :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

I don't dare post the image I've got in the back of my mind ;D :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

etat

Twas a beautiful day here today. 65 and sunny. :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Ed_K

Hey I made a snow bear in Texas one yr, so you just might get dumped on Texas Ranger.
Ed K

ohsoloco

It was absolutely beautiful outside today.  I don't care if it didn't get out of the teens...I'll take bright blue skies and sunshine anytime  8)  Perfect day to wear out the pup before going to work  ;)    

Bring on that foot of snow tomorrow  :)

devo

Ahhhh yes I remember 70 degrees.... and I'm talking about the inside of my house!!!!
Crazy enough to try it! (once)

DanG

Three days ago, we had temps in the twenties. That wasn't so bad, considering that it is winter and all. Today, I had to whittle up a whack of boards, and it was in the mid-seventies. There I was, humping these yeller pine 1x12s off the mill, one after the other, right by my elderly self in a t-shirt. Even in that denuded state I was sweating.  I finally finished that up and sat down in my favorite molded plastic chair, and ended up swatting skeeters!  What kind of paradise is this, anyway?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Paschale

Well, I tellya...snow separates the men from the boys, in my opinion.   ;)  I heard on Rush today about North Carolina shutting down because of one inch of snow.   ::)  Apparently, some of the bus drivers got so intimidated by it, they left the kids at the school, and just drove back to the shed.  Now, I'm thinking that Tammy (Wildflower) wouldn't be daunted by a FOOT of snow!  You feel like you accomplish something extra special when you bundle up, go out there and do a day's hard work in the snow!  Yup...snow sorta separates the wheat from the chaff!   ;)

(Man...I'm really full of it today!)  
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

timberjack240

you guyz that live in the warm are lucky its is 1105pm and its 9 degrees were im at but its about 80 in the house with the stove goin. im glad i dont hafta go to work tomorrow. SEVERE WINDBURN.

DanG

P'skolly, I can't really comment on what you just said, intelligently, so I'll just spout off like I usually do. ;D :D :D

1:  If it snow's here, I'm taking the day off. Of course, I take a lot of sunny, warm days off, too. ;D

2;  I have some experience with that ferocious North Carolina snow. I was in Raliegh during the great blizzard of 1993.  I was totally impressed with the way the public officials and the general population acted in unison to protect themselves from that ogre from the skies. The officials moved promptly to close all the schools and block off any street with more than a .0002% grade. The people responded by calling in to their respective work places and volunteering to lessen the hazards by staying home and not clogging the hazardous roadways with unnecessary traffic.  Along about 8:30pm that evening, we experienced an accumulation of about .05cm of light powder. I was greatly relieved that those precautions had been taken. ;D

About a week later, my time in that delightful city came to an end, and I was put upon to return home to Florida. I made the trip in 2 segments. The first sorty was from Raliegh to my Uncle's house in SC, where I visited with his family and enjoyed the comraderie that you can only get with folks that you have known all your life.  I had to delay my departure from there because of the notorious "Storm of the Century" which dumped several inches of snow, accompanied by hurricane force winds, on much of the South. I couldn't help but wonder how the people and leadership of Raliegh might have coped with that!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

devo

:D :D :D :D :D

You made my belly hurt from laughing at that one!!!
Crazy enough to try it! (once)

CHARLIE

We just got through a few days where the temp ranged from
-18° to -22°. It finally got above zero and up into the +20°s today. Then it started snowing this morning.  7 inches of the white stuff so far and still snowing some. >:(
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

DanG

Charlie, I just don't know what I can do to help you out. You grew up in Florida, yet you live in....er...what's the name of that place?  What are you thinking, man?! :o

CHARLIE

Sometimes I wonder myself.  But it's usually not so bad. The worse times are when I need to buy grits and can't find any. :o
But....the older I get the worse I hate clearing snow.  It's like working a couple of hours digging a ditch only to have someone come by and fill it in again. :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

isawlogs

Just to make you guys in the south fill good  I just took a peak at my thermometer .. its reading   -31C... Its real dry outside , the snow squeeks under your boots ... The moon is out and its really purdy .... from inside ..... ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DanG

Thirty-one, eh?  That's sort of a magic number around here, causing the tv weatherguessers to spring into action. There will be scrolls across the bottom of the tv screen announcing a FREEZE WARNING, and instructing folks to protect pets, plants, pipes, and elderly parents. This is all well and good for most folks, but it's a pain in tha patoot for someone like me, who has 7 kids calling at all hours of the night to check on me. >:( ;) :D :D

isawlogs

Dan there is this thing in front of the 31 its called MINUS  it sorta gets cold at that temp. That would be your ----- - 25F ...
 If you want I could call you too .. I'd be glad to wake you after they all called to make sure that they all called .. and that you where sleeping well , and that you where cosy .... I'd be really happy to do it for you ... trust me .... I'd talk french to you and all , you would not even know its me .... ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DanG

Thanks, Marcel, but I think I'm good.  Besides, there is the issue of the Mason-Dixon line. Some folks think that is a political demarcation, but it is actually a technical boundary. You see, South of the MD, electrons do not flow when the temps have a minus sign in front of them. If electrons don't flow, nothing else does either. Without the flow of electrons, telephonic communication is not possible.  If it gets down to MINUS 31 here, I'll just fold my tent and say "Bonjour" till we meet in that big Forum in the sky. ;) :D :D

Norm

I say all us northerners get Don's address and go visit until spring thaw. ;D

Beautiful morning here, the temp is zero, the wind is blowing at 45 and gusting in the upper 50mph range luckily we're only gonna get a couple of inches of snow.

You would have thought someone woulda brought in more firewood. :D

woodhick

Rub it in Rub it in.  I just got in from a winter camporee with the boy scouts this weekend.  8 degreesF inside tents this morning.   :o
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

etat

I got double crossed yesterday. Big time.  A dang cold front blowed through with some rains and in a couple of places some straight line winds.  I just got in from drying in a house with 30 lb. tarpaper until we can get a roof on it.  The house sits out in the open and about 8 squares blowed off of it spotted all over the house.  It was an older 20 year roof and we'll go back with a 30 year shingles when we can get to it.  It's gonna be a couple a weeks though.  Figure to get more calls in the morning. ???
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

DanG

Temps dropped like a pregnant rock here last night. Linda went to work at 11pm and the sign at the bank said 70. This morning, the same sign said 28.  Good thing we checked the forecast, or waking up this morn would have been a real shock. :o

Furby

Yep we hit -9 last night, but are heading back up to the upper 20's overnight and into Mon.

Faron

We heard about the temp dropping to -54 degrees in Embarrass, MN last week.  Speculation in this neighborhood has it that maybe the town got it's name because the locals were embarrassed about staying in a place that got so DanGed cold! ;)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Texas Ranger

Well I guess I spoke a little early, winter came to Texas, got down to 32 last night, 50 high today, blue skies thou.  Wish you Canadians would keep this kinda weather up there to your selves. ::)

SwampDonkey

You know us Canadians, we like to share our resources quite cheep. :D :D :D

Ed_K

SD, could you save some for next summer, this -11 F is a bit to much  ;D. Even the new tractor won't turn over.
Ed K

pappy

yesterday morning was -25F ... with a daytime high of 5F and a wind chill of -32 ... that's chilly ;D

This morn @ 8:30 ... Temp Hi:  -4  F    Time: 9:49AM
                     Temp Lo: -15.0  F  Time: 4:00AM

... almost cold enough for another layer clothing  ;D

The only thing I'm gonna try a start today is the snow sled so's I can go do some more chinking at the camp "outback" 8)
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Texas Ranger

What a relief, winters gone again, 50 at night and 70 in the day.  Whew, thought I would freeze ::)

sawguy21

That's right, S-D, we are more than willing to share the wealth with our under privedged brethren to the south ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!