iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' ???

Started by Magicman, December 23, 2014, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowJoeCrow

The wood, glue and air all need to be above 50 degrees

fishfighter

Using Gorilla Glue original. Had to break ice just to wet a rag. ;D Working temp is 40F and above. Had the temp about 60F in the house. Wood stove was doing real good, I could of easy getting it above 70F with it. ;D The glue, it's just taking a lot longer to cure. :( Just got to finish one more and I will be done with the top cabinets. Then I will start the bottom ones. These cabinets are very heavy. Heck, a 32"x36x13"" weights easy 80lbs+. :o That is without doors. :o

Magicman

OK, scratch what I said because I was referring to carpenter's (white/yellow) glue.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

No problem Lynn. Knew that of old regular glue. ;D Using what I am using now cleans up so nice once it dries compared to regular old wood glue which kind of leaves a lite stain that one doesn't see till one finishes the project even after passing a damper rag. Another thing, it is 100X stronger then water base wood glue.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on January 02, 2018, 05:39:11 PM
OK, scratch what I said ......

Has Jeff turned off your modification button too?  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Ain't concerned about the button, I'm just trying to keep my light on.    smiley_idea
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I did year end paperwork too, then ventured out at about 11:30 to go plane walnut.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on January 02, 2018, 08:34:38 PM
I did year end paperwork too, then ventured out at about 11:30 to go plane walnut.

So you got your planer?  ;D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

Quote from: WDH on January 02, 2018, 08:40:26 PM
Now ain't that a fine Howdy Do  ;D.
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 02, 2018, 08:56:27 PM
Ain't that a fine Howdy Do.  :)
Is there an echo in here??    :D

paul case

Is there an echo in here??
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

SlowJoeCrow

The cold has really settled in here, -10 degrees here this morning plus windchill.

fishfighter

Heck, we had a warm up last night. Was only 29 here. ;D But, things are going to drop back to 20 or lower the next three morning. Then we will see normal 40's-60's. 8)

WDH

Bruno of NH

Here is some pics of the right of way cut logs i'm getting from the tree company 8)
At no cost to me oak,beech,maple,hemlock and ash.
Some not the greatest some not so bad :)
i will make grade stakes out of the low grade logs and blocking out of the low grade hemlock and spruce.
I think i have about 6 more loads coming in.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Dave Shepard

Today was extra hard, hard maple. Its been in the deep freezer for the last week. Should be about 0°F all the way through by now.  :D Surprisingly, the CAT fired up after sitting about six weeks. I put the jumpers on off the Jeep just for a little insurance, and it popped off right away.  Then it stalled, as the CATs are known to do.  :D A couple more start/stops with the throttle held open and It was idling by itself.  :) It was @18°F today. Almost balmy.  ;D

Crotched maple with included bark.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

Not sawing this week has me backed into a corner for next week but the forecast is for 50's & 60's.  Worth waiting for.   ;D

From where I am sitting those look exceptionally well Bruno, especially being free and delivered.  Nice score.   smiley_thumbsup

Dave I believe you, that looks cold as well as hard.   :o

Peter Drouin

All most 20F here today, Cut some W, ceater logs. 2 with 1 flat face, 1 with a two way 20° cut.

Nice logs you got Bruno. 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

So you go by the temperature to tell you what angle to saw a log?  say_what

Darrel

Sounds like a good idea to me, like one might learn from a book. . . :P
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Slingshot

3 below zero here last night but warmed up to 26 this afternoon.....
Went out and sawed some on this yellow poplar log that had laid
on the ground for about 3 years. I thought it might be too gone
but was still solid inside. Bark was near gone and what was still
on it came off when I picked it up. 24 inches on large end. I cut
some slabs 1-1/2 and 2-1/2 inches thick. 22-24 inches wide.

Magicman

Tulip Poplar is one of my all time favorites to saw.   8)

WV Sawmiller

X2

And it is the majority of what I saw. Coming off my property I'd say 80% of what I saw is poplar and my dying ash. In another year or so the ash will be gone and poplar will be the primary wood. The rest is cherry, walnut and an oddball locust or buckeye for special projects.

Real pretty color in those boards/slabs.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Poplar may be my "favorite" but it is not my money maker.  That title, without question, goes to SYP and the cut list is "framing lumber".   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!