iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New rubber seals for solar panels

Started by farmfromkansas, April 03, 2019, 10:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmfromkansas

Have 6 solar panels planning to clean and use to heat my wood dryer.  Need some 5/16 x 7/8 rubber for 3/16" glass to fit in the grooves in aluminum frame to seal and cushion the glass.  No luck so far in finding new rubber.  Any ideas?
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Don P

Google resource conservation technology and see if any of their shapes will work.

doc henderson

if you cannot find anything, can you embed into silicone?  can you post any pictures? I have a roll of several hundred feet of rubber caulking that you can have if it works.  how far are you from hutch.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

farmfromkansas

Am at Gypsum, probably 60 or 70 miles from Hutch.  Would prefer to find channel that fits.  One of the panels so far has new rubber, so someone makes it.  Just having difficulty finding.

farmfromkansas

The original rubber is a U shaped channel, you just slip it over the edge of the glass and then slide it into the grove in the aluminum frame.  Just 1/16" on each side of the glass, and 1/8" thick on the edge.  Entire rubber measures 5/16" x 7/8", with a 3/16" groove.

Thank You Sponsors!