iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Update on new Echo cs-670

Started by hoogie, May 08, 2009, 10:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoogie

alright i just thought that i would post a quick review on my new cs-670...Bought the saw bout a month and a half ago, since then i've cut about three four cord with it on the weekends. Wow what a difference i went from a 50cc echo to this saw, man the cutting power is crazy mind you that this saw is still bone stock...now runnin this saw beside my buddies 036 which is also bone stock man there neck and neck. since i brought this saw home i bought a 20" bar along with the stock 24" bar man that 20" really screams...then the other day i got a nice load of big stuff and i thought what better excuse to buy a larger bar...lol....well I went out and bought a 32" with a skip chain wow just used that for the first time tonight, man i didn't want to come in....as for power the saw handled really well when i do finally do the carb. adjustment (after i learn what rpm and buy a rpm reader to adjust it to that is) along with takin the spark arr. out this saw is gonna handle that bar like it is runnin the 20" lol....I hear that porting the muffler on this saw wont gain you to much due to the fact that it has good air movement already...any thoughts or users of the cs670 want to chime in please do...Just thought that i'd drop a line and say heck ya you can run a 32" bar on it don't be scared...lol....
empyre pro series 200 gasifier
echo cs-670
fiskers splittin axe
and trusty ol wheelhorse D-160 and trailer

ladylake

I'm have a older CS6700 that I use all the time, I modded the muffler a little and it's just a little slower than my 044 Stihl and weights 1# less on a good scale so it gets a lot of use, handles real nice also. I think most Echo's are clogged up in the muffler  from the factory and most are set to lean also. If you bought yours from a good dealer he would have tuned it right, if not make sure it's not to lean, that it 4 strokes a little when held wide open, if it really screams it needs to be a little richer. Too lean they bog easyier and can burn up in a long hard cut.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

MN Ripper

Hoogie glad to hear you like your 670, I like mine too!  ;D  I've done the same adjustments to my saw too.

Did you buy the Echo badged Oregon 32" bar for yours or a different brand? 

Andy
Echo CS-670, CS-330T, Stihl 028 WB

hoogie

the echo branded oregon is the one that i bought. Baileys had one that was bout thirty dollars cheaper than the dealer, but the people that work there promised things that they could not keep or had no business promissing. So went to the dealer and shelled out the extra $$ for one they could get next day ground shipping...but please dont take that the wrong way, there is a girl that works at baileys that went above and beyond to try to fix the problem. it was just alittle to late. But i'll keep ordering from baileys, the stuff like the chain they had in stock was shipped right away....
empyre pro series 200 gasifier
echo cs-670
fiskers splittin axe
and trusty ol wheelhorse D-160 and trailer

DanG

Hoogie, I've been enjoying my 670 for five or six years now.  I also have a 32" bar for it.  It has proven to be a really dependable saw.  Only probs I have had is a carb rebuild under warranty, and some of the screws backed out from vibration.  Go ahead and put some loctite on them before you lose any of them, and you'll be a happy camper for a long time. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

567paloggger

i run a echo 660 evl with a 32inch oregon with a skip chain

hogs4hobby

i have an echo cs-670 also, it has been an excellent saw, i run a 24" bar most of the time, but do have a 36" bar for it also. it will pull the 36" bar just fine, just takes a little more time to saw. I've had it about 3 years now, only draw back to the echo is no dealer close to me so i have to mail order parts or drive 70 miles to dealer.

i did purchase another saw two weeks ago, this time i got a jonsered 2186 with a 24" bar , very impressed with it.

Thank You Sponsors!