iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A good visit

Started by CHARLIE, February 18, 2014, 11:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

I heard that Chet and Judy would be in Rochester, Minnesota this week so Donna and I drove down for a visit.  We all enjoyed catching up since it had been quite a while since we had seen each other.  We all gnawed on some fine BBQ ribs while conversing. The only problem with the visit was that it wasn't long enough, but I sure did enjoy myself. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Magicman

Good friends, good food, good gnawing, and good time.   :)   :D

That just can't be "beat-ed".   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

CHARLIE

You are right about that Magicman! :) I believe that a person should never miss an opportunity to visit because there just might never be another.  On Monday, here in New Richmond, Wisconsin, we had a pretty big snowstorm that had moved its way toward Yooperville, Michigan on Tuesday. So Chet and Judy had to start their 7 hour drive in some mighty poor conditions which got better the further they went. I'm glad they arrived safely and it was a great visit.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

chet

We finally made it back home this evening. We had really looked forward to this trip, as we hadn't got together with Donna and Charlie in quite some time. It was a wonderful evening.

Oh, and Charlie, dat 7 hour trip down was a piece of cake. Da 11 hour trip home was another story. 30 to 45 MPH all the way from Rochester, MN to Wausau, WI. And that was pushing it.   :(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

CHARLIE

Chet, I was supposed to drive to Rochester for an appointment today but cancelled out because of the weather.  I was thinking of y'all and had hoped you stayed in Rochester another day. I know that had to be some white knuckle driving with all the snow and high winds. I'm glad you got home safely. We sure did enjoy seeing y'all.
Charlie

chet

Thursday Mayo was calling all the major motels in the area to book available rooms for their staff. They took 74 rooms at the Hampton we were at.
Most folks cancelled Friday's Appointments. We never seen the Gonda or Mayo buildings so void of people.  When we left at 10:30 AM, the Damon parking garage was virtually empty.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Thank You Sponsors!