iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tractor mounted log loader

Started by 47sawdust, December 07, 2015, 07:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I've seen videos on youtube that show tractor mounted log loaders being used.These are mostly Scandinavian or European made.The ones I've seen in North America all have the loader mounted on a trailer.Does anyone have experience with the tractor mounted version?
Thanks,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

redneck

There is a  velmet forestry tractor for sale here in Nova Scotia.  It has a harvester and a graple for it.  It would be fun to use on small woodlots.    With the high american dollar it would be a deal for those from the US.

Here is the link  http://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-equipment-machinery/truro/velmet-tractor-with-harvester/1118260490
208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

Wallee

Quote from: redneck on December 07, 2015, 08:05:16 PM
There is a  velmet forestry tractor for sale here in Nova Scotia.  It has a harvester and a graple for it.  It would be fun to use on small woodlots.    With the high american dollar it would be a deal for those from the US.

Here is the link  http://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-equipment-machinery/truro/velmet-tractor-with-harvester/1118260490

Dream tractor for me right there...
Lt28 Woodmizer, International 3514 wheel loader, husqvarna 450,455 rancher, and 372xp saws, 1990 international 4700 log truck, Prentice 180b knuckleboom!

bill m

I have no experience with a tractor mounted one just a trailer mounted one. What is it you want to do with it?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

47sawdust

bill m,
the idea is to use it to sort,stack firewood logs where I process my firewood.Nothing quite as large as the one posted.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Farmerjw

Would a thumb on a backhoe do the job for you?
Premier Bovine Scatologist

47sawdust

Farmerjw,
Well now,there's an idea that fell thru the cracks in what passes for my brain.I even have a Ford 550 backhoe that I could mount a thumb on.Thanks for the idea,nothing like using what you already own.
I've been doing a lot of interior painting to freshen up the house for Christmas and I think the fumes are getting to me!
Mick

Farmerjw

I almost didn't post that reply thinking it way to obvious.  Glad it might be of help.  8)
Premier Bovine Scatologist

woodmills1

Once you have a log loader nothing else will seem right for moving logs
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!