iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TJ 230 rear diff and pinion seal

Started by Mooseknuckle, November 28, 2014, 11:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseknuckle

Hey guys, looks like my rear diff has a slow leak out the front end. I'm thinking the pinion seal is shot. Can anyone tell me what type of diff I have and where to buy the seals..... I live in near Barrie, Ontario   

Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

Neilo

It should be a Rockwell PR75.

You can pull the seal out and buy it on measurements at any seal place. Otherwise it is Timberjack Part #400544

Mooseknuckle

Thanks again Neilo, i'll most likely have to do the same seal from the shaft that drives the gear box of the winch as well, i noticed oil all around that area as well. Minor stuff that i want to get taken care of before they become serious problems!! 
Pioneer P51 is look'n for a Buddy!!

Neilo

The winch input seal is # 206236, but again I buy on measurements.

Use a block of wood between the yoke and the skidder so you can get the yoke nut off.

To get to that seal, you have to take the seal retainer (cover) off and take the seal out the back of it. You will probably lose all the winch oil.

There are a few threads on here about the worm drive oil. I can't remember whether we have already talked on that.

chester_tree _farmah

Any tricks to get the yoke off the pinion gear on the axles? Or is a 3/4 impact wrench required.  I should have one by now anyway but just checking. I need to do mine.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Neilo

My 230 has Eatons and the nose is short enough to get a socket and bar on out to near the tire. From these photos, it doesn't look like that will work on the Rockwell. You can work through the winch frame but it is just too narrow to be easy. At least it is with my ratchet.

chester_tree _farmah

I have a c4. Same housing ascthis ond though. I can get a socket and bar in there but couldn't budge it. So u have removed yours with a long bar and socket?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

tantoy

Pinion seal is on my list of things to fix on my Garrett.  Question when you re install the yoke can you tighten the pinion nut tight as you can get it, or is there a crush sleeve that would continue to squish?   Basically is there a solid spacer to control pinion bearing pre load OR crush sleeve?
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

Thank You Sponsors!