iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Frame Workshop in Southeast Nebraska (UPDATED) PICTURES ADDED

Started by VictorH, January 11, 2014, 08:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Troy:
Thanks for coming over and being a timber framer.

Thanks for your kind comments.

I'm going to leave a tape here with Victor for you. When you see him remind him to give it to you.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

VictorH

Well our workshop ended today.  Had a great time, learned a lot and made new friends.  I would absolutely recommend having Jim Rogers as an instructor for a workshop if you are interested in learning the craft.

Here is a picture of us with the bent we did a test fit on that we laid out and cut during the workshop.  We worked on and cut many other components and joints as well.

Jim_Rogers

It was a great workshop.

I had some great students. The all did a great job. There were no stupid questions, only questions that needed answers.

I want to thank Paul (woodteach on FF), his brother Aaron, Kevin (a FF member), Mark and Edwin from LA, and Troy for coming to the workshop.

I most of all I would like to thank VictorH for putting it all together.

I got a Nebraska sun burn today to take home to MA tomorrow. ::)

Jim Rogers

klpauba

I must say, this is the best instructional workshop I've attended (although my first timber framing one).

VictorH was a gracious host and had the venue well prepared for those of us attending.  He's a friendly soul that can prepare a great burger on the grill.

I can't say enough good things about Jim Roger's skill, patience and training skills.  He shared a lot of information over the five day workshop and, after answering many questions (some repeated), we were able to put together a good portion of the frame.  I liked most of his jokes, too!

I would be one of the first to sign up for another workshop like this (just to "burn in" the knowledge and learn more techniques/joints).  The workshop really took away my intimidation on starting up the craft as a hobby.  I would suggest you to contact Jim to see if you could work out a workshop that is local to you.  It makes the training really affordable and there's something really special  about spending a few days with others with a common interest in timber framing -- I met some wonderful people doing so.

Jim_Rogers

woodsteach

Thank you to Victor and Jim for a great workshop. 

I have timbers cut to make Jim's mailbox post out of walnut and will begin cutting joints next week.  The mailbox post looks like a great 1st solo project, contact Jim for a set I think that they are less than $10.00 .

Once again if you have the opportunity to learn from Jim even if it is only for a day or two it would be well worth it..

Paul
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Jim_Rogers

Paul:
Thanks for your kind words.

Jim Rogers

PS. It was a great pleasure to teach this group of beginners. Everyone did a great job on the pieces they worked on. And we only had one "mis-cut" but we were able to work around that, and still use the timber.

klpauba

I just got a nice certificate of completion, Jim.  Nice touch!

Jim_Rogers

You're welcome.

I was worried when I heard about the storms in NE, but then they were north of you guys.

Jim Rogers

Thank You Sponsors!