iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You have ZERO freedom of speech here.!

Started by Smokey, March 14, 2010, 02:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Husband

I have to be honest here and say I dont know what this is all about. ???

What I do know is that Jeff and I have had differences and only that, I respect his opinion along with many others here. And I am sure (hope) it is returned as so to myself.

I have meet Jeff and others from this forum and have only great things to say about them and the way they treat others...even if we are from the other side of the world and upside down (still under debate might I add). ;D

I have never meet you myself or read the post that is in question so cannot and will not try to form an opinion on you in any way.  :-X

However, I am sure that if you can reconcile your differences with Jeff you will find this forum to have a fantastic bunch of people who will do more than bend over backwards to help you in anyway they can. It has happened to me more than once. (from way over here)

So on that note I shall go and enjoy the rest of the forum and its posts.

Husband.

Dakota

I think everyone has covered the feelings we have for the Forum and Jeff very well.  I'm going to hit the PayPal button and contribute.
Dakota
Dave Rinker

Bill

I have not met Jeff but have exchanged a few  private messages with him - I told him what I thought and he told me his thoughts - turns out I agree with him . I have also seen other sites on the web that are basically worthless. My conclusion

1> Jeff and crew are doing a great job
2> FF is a great resource
3> I relate to FF more than other web sites - the members and crew make it

Maybe you need to look around for something more to your liking ( or realize what a good thing is right under your nose )

Think I'll get a sandwich and keep browsing FF . . .

timberfaller390

Doesn't look like smokey has had much to say since his original post.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

tree-farmer

Yes Virgina there is a Jeff
He exist a cetainly as sawmills and chainsaws....

No seriously, coming to this forum is one of the best things on the Web. Jeff does as awsome job of keeping it on a even keel and informative without all the nasty back sabing, slander that goes on in a lot of forum sites. I have never met any of the memebers in person but feel that I know some of them very well from the shared stories. I have learned a lot from the fix it posts as well.

Good job by Jeff and other administratiors. I look forward to many more years of coming here, may even yet make  it to the pig roast.
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

P.A. RESHARP

I am new here also, (compared to most of you guys ) But in the short time i have been here, it is like you all have become friends. I totally apreiciate everything that jeff does here.

Toolman

Been here on forum for a couple years. I have zero complaints. I've been scolded once by a moderator and deserved it! The fact that Jeff allowed you to express your greivance on this thread says alot about him. You need to accept the rules or hit the pike. Simple as that. The use of this forum is a privelege, not a right. It is private property and we are the guests. I've never personally met Jeff, but, I suspect him to be a good fella from what I hear. He provides a good service here and I appreciate and thank him for that.

Tom
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

chain

I could show Mr. Smokey  a forum where freedom of speech is very limited; straying off subject, or commenting from heresay, or saying 'I guess', and a hundred other rules will get you kicked off. :D

The owner[outdoor sports forum] runs a tight ship and dares anyone to slip up, he has a hatchet man as his dirty deed mod, who has no sense of humor at all. I lasted about a year until one bright and shiny day, after they had hired and added on a new mod..from Nebraska...I promptly smacked him with a 'husker joke. Bam! just like that, I was gone! :)

Texas Ranger

Those dried up corn huskers have no sense of humor, they were really unpleasant in my day at Mizzou, we would go out there to compete in drinking and other sporting events, and they just couldn't wait for us to leave.  I think it has something to do with having no contours in their state.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

LeeB

I been coming around here just about as long as anybody. There are a few been here longer. Sometimes I don't agree with the powers that be, but I do like the freindships and information gained here and will gladly keep my mouth shut about what very rarely rubs me wrong. Well, at least I try to anyway. I like the fact that I can come here and not be berated for a dumb question or have to put up with foul mouthed idiots even though I can and do curse like a sailor. It has it's place and this ain't it. This is really the only forum that I go to and it suits my needs quite well. As long as Jeff and the rest kepp welcoming me into thier homes and lives, I'll keep coming. If I get out of hand, please let me know so I can make ammends. I'm not a social person and you folks are my answer to that deficiancy.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Norm

Amen to that Lee. I'm not a social person either and if Patty and my job didn't make me somewhat of one I'd be pretty much a hermit. I was never one to join a group for morning coffee or socialize in the evening. Now I know this is going to surprise you guys on here but I'm actually a quiet shy person....no really I am! :D

Roxie

Quote from: Norm on March 21, 2010, 11:29:51 AM
I'm actually a quiet shy person....no really I am! :D

Pictures don't lie.   :o

Say when

Bro. Noble

What Picture is it that you have on your mind, Roxie? :D :D :D

There's lots of new members that are unaware of that,  and better off for it. :) :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Patty

I am guessing that BBQ Boy made quite a lasting impression on ol' Roxie  :o :D

I know it is one of Jeff's favorites too.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Paschale

Quote from: Smokey on March 14, 2010, 02:46:36 PM
What do you think of this? I used tho think that this forum was great but it's clearly a dictatorship in which if you don't go along with the status quoe your not welcome here and not allowed to freely post your opinions.

What do you member think of this crap!

Sincerely,
Jason Ashenhurst.
(Smokey) 

Well, as a member here since 2002, there's no question what I think.  I've seen people such as yourself come and go.  Jeff is kind enough to have created one of the coolest forums on the web.  Sadly, I looked at your posts, and you seemed to be enjoying yourself here, and seemed to be fitting right in.  I'm not sure what made things go south so drastically, but it takes a lot of hubris to think that after only 14 posts, you'd have some sort of traction with other members.

Jeff does a bang up job, and quite honestly, his vigilance over the years in keeping things friendly and amicable is one of the large reasons why people come back again and again.  I'm busier than I've ever been, and am not on the forum as much as I would like, but I still enjoy coming to hear what's going on--it's sad to see that one of the busiest threads was initiated by someone who didn't appreciate the bang up job Jeff and the other admins are doing.   
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Thank You Sponsors!