iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grading Lumber

Started by BillyB, August 11, 2016, 09:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyB

Ladies or Gentlemen, can anyone tell me how I can get the lumber I cut graded for use for my own buildings? Sumter County GA just informed me any wood. Cut for framing has to be graded.
LT-15, Stihl MS880, MSC362, 72" Grandberg, Kubota M8546

Ljohnsaw

If what you are building is "engineered", your engineer can sign off on your wood.  Otherwise, you need to find a traveling grader.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

rjwoelk

Here in saskatchewan canada I can use ungraded lumber as long as it is not support walls.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Jim_Rogers

Try contacting the southern pine bureau. I think they have traveling graders. Or ask them if they don't.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

WDH

Yes, call the Southern Pine Inspection Bureau. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Heartwood

Timber Products Inspection (TPI) out of Conyers GA. They specialize in traveling timber grading services.

Thank You Sponsors!