iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pettibone MT5AD

Started by Wes Lyon, June 15, 2011, 12:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes Lyon

Hello everyone ..

Anyone have any specifics or experience on this old skidder model. I believe they were called Master 5's.  Looking for weight and what they had originally for a winch configuration and how they worked pulling little stuff?

Many thanks
Wes

logman81

Just happen to come across on for sale on Mass Craigslist it is a master six according to the owner. ;D
Precision Firewood & Logging

jocco

They were a decent old machine the ad may be a diesel some were gas. Gearmatic #9 winch was common. Not to common today and not worth too much. You can get some parts from pettibone some from logging supply outfits. Just guessing but weight under 5 tons. Contact me if you need additional help.
You may check out but you will never leave

logman81

Thanks for the info I think the master #6 on craigslist is diesel but not to sure. What they use for engines? What do you think it is worth in good working order?
Precision Firewood & Logging

jocco

Some use detroit 353/453, The master 5 i have seen with gas motor and JD diesel. They are obsolete and not a mainstream brand (like deere) So as to value They seem to be trading on the low side like $5-7000 You can still get some parts from pettibone. Might be a little harder to sell if that was your plan after job was done. They were morepopular in some areas of the country than others.
You may check out but you will never leave

Thank You Sponsors!