iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cowboy formal wear

Started by CX3, November 26, 2018, 06:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CX3

Alright I am taking my wife to a cowboy Christmas gala. If you dont know what that is I'm about to tell you. The best I can figure is we dress up like Porter Wagner and try to act like we know how to dance in a 70s rhinestone cowboy suit. 

I know how to act like I can dance.

I have a real nice hat and boots.

What I dont have is that cool old western shirt and formal jacket. This is where you come in. Check your closet, or your dads closet, or your grandpas for a L or Xl awesome old flowery glittery shirt and formal jacket. I want something that john Travolta would die over. Porter Wagner would foam at the mouth over..

I will buy, borrow, trade, return, whatever I need to do. Please help. Lol
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Pine Ridge

You can borrow my husqvarna t-shirt anytime paul !!!!!!!
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Texas Ranger

You are talking Nashville, not cowboy, think denim
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

CX3

I'd rather use a hacksaw!!!! Than a husqvarna!!!

Denim may just be the ticket
You Better Believe It!

Southside

Get yourself a Continental Suit - the old cow punchers will recognize class when they see it.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

petefrom bearswamp

Dont have any such finery.
Speaking of western wear has anyone out there got Tecovas boots?
I bought a pair last summer and they are reasonably priced and the most comfortable out of the box  I have ever had.
dont know how they will hold up tho
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Raider Bill

I'd think a clean T-shirt and a big hat would work. :D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

:o  If you wear Cowboy Boots folks will think that you are a Truck Driver!!  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

CX3

You Better Believe It!

Resonator

I have a Scully embroidered western shirt for playing gigs, and have been quite happy with it. They have different styles depending how flashy you want to be. The suits Porter Wagoner wore were custom made by the late Nudie Cohn of Hollywood, who made suits for many of the stars. Good to hear you already have the hat and boots, they can get very pricey. (Though be careful you don't wear too big of a hat, unless you have enough cattle to back it up.)  
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

CX3

I guess I came across as a dude ranch wannabe.  I just wanted something flashy instead of my wore out ol denim jacket and wool shirt and vest with calf crap all over it.

You Better Believe It!

Thank You Sponsors!