iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taking Delivery

Started by Jeff, March 23, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I count Four very deserving Winners!!   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Yesterday I had someone tell me that Mr. Truck had made one of the local papers, and was still on the on-line version, so, I came home and looked it up, and there he was!

9-1-17 Harrison US-27 Car Tour 2017DSC_5234 | The Clare County Review

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

loggah

;D you are in the local limelight now  ;D!!!! hopefully you have a newspaper that gets its facts right !
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Roxie

When I followed the link, there was a picture of the back of MR Truck, with a fella taking a picture of your plaque.   8)
Say when

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Mr Truck represents life......ya gotta be old before you start receiving attention.  ;D

Way to go Jeff.  ;)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

grouch

I like the one with the guy taking a picture of the plaque. Shows off the bed.
Find something to do that interests you.

Jeff

Roxie

Yes, that's the one.   :)
Say when

Jeff

The person that told me about the truck being in the paper, turned out to be the photographer for the paper. He was at this show, and took a whole bunch more of the truck.

grouch

Quote from: Jeff on September 10, 2017, 06:14:12 PM
The person that told me about the truck being in the paper, turned out to be the photographer for the paper. He was at this show, and took a whole bunch more of the truck.

He did a good job -- framing, lighting, angles, everything gives you the feel of being there. (And no 'rat face' effect from too wide a lens at too close a distance).

newoodguy78

I noticed the truck has an old looking license plate on it. Is that some sort of antique plate that Michigan issues? Great job on the truck

Jeff

It's a 46 plate we found. Michigan allows for a year of origin plate. It costs $35 to register it for the lifetime of the truck, or until you are no longer the owner.  There are loosely interpreted restrictions on how you can use the vehicle, but it's worth it for the savings. Insurance is much much lower as well if you have that plate.

Dave Shepard

MA has a deal like that. You can drive on the fifth Sunday in February every other leap year.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

In Michigan you can go to meets, parades, car shows, places to exhibit, drive for maintenance purposes, and all of august is anything you wish. 

Jeff

Authentic license plate A special provision in law allows a historical vehicle owner to use an authentic Michigan license plate from the same year the historical vehicle was manufactured.  The plate can be obtained through a private sale or any other means available.
Reproduction and remanufactured plates as well as authentic dealer and manufacturer plates are not allowed. The plate must display the correct colors for the year of issuance.
Blue plates with white letters were issued from 1984 to through 2006.  These may be used as an authentic historic plate if the plate displays an authentic Michigan year tab corresponding to the model year of the historic vehicle. (Because 1984 blue plates were issued without a year tab, applications for 1984 model year historic vehicles do not require a year tab).
To qualify for an authentic license plate, the vehicle must be:

• 26 or more years old
  • Owned solely as a collector's item
  • A vehicle registered with a regular historic plate or authentic historic plate cannot be used for general transportation. The vehicle can only used for participating in historical club activities, exhibitions, tours, parades, car shows, swap meets, and similar uses.
Fee:  $35 -- Make checks and money orders payable to State of Michigan. Authentic license plate applications must be submitted by mail.  Applications cannot be processed at a Secretary of State office.
Applying for an authentic historic plate
Owners need the following items:

• A color photocopy, a color scan, or color photograph of the license plate (passenger, commercial, trailer, or motorcycle). Do not mail the actual plate. Personalized, government, law enforcement, manufacturer, dealer, in-transit repair, disability, and special purpose plates cannot be used as authentic license plates. If in doubt, check with the department before purchasing a license plate.
  • Proof of ownership, preferably a copy of the vehicle title
  • Proof of Michigan no-fault insurance (not required for trailers)
  • $35 -- make checks or money orders payable to State of Michigan
  • A completed Application for Historical Michigan License Plate

Jeff

paul case

I Wish I could get a deal on plates for my 47 chev pickup like that. It is usually $22.50 per year just for the tag except this year everyone in Oklahoma gets a new plate which is another ten bucks. I asked the tag agent local to me about antique tags and they are always too busy or just plain tell me ''no''.

The insurance for only liability would cost over $100 a year, for a truck that hasn't left the barn in 2 years and that was only for the kid's wedding pictures. :-[

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

grouch

paul case,

Looks like they don't want to cut you much of a break for antiques.

Oklahoma Special Interest Plates

That lists $23.50 for 1 year or $90.50 for 10 years.

Application For A Classic Vehicle License Plate (PDF form)

Banjo picker

I don't know about a special year tag like Jeff has for MR Truck, but here in Mississippi when your vehicle gets 25 years old you can buy a one time antique tag for it, and I see people driving them everywhere; dont know if they are legal or not.  They still do it.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Magicman

Tim, to my knowledge there are no driving restrictions whatsoever.  You buy the one time antique tag and then drive it forever.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on September 12, 2017, 08:51:50 PM
Tim, to my knowledge there are no driving restrictions whatsoever.  You buy the one time antique tag and then drive it forever.

You should know Magic.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Who you callin' antique dere Willie??   ???

Banjo picker

Mississippi gets their money up front when you buy a new car I guess.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Jeff

We went to Mid Michigan Community College's annual fund raiser picnic and car show today. Mr. Truck received a nice award. This was his last outing for the year. He needs to get his kingpins rebuilt before he has anymore adventures!

The award was a tire clock that has wrenches for hands.

Ron Scott

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!