iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Fishing Reels & "When I was a kid" fish stories.

Started by weimedog, April 07, 2016, 10:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weimedog

Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

drobertson

Interesting stuff,, I grew up like many folks using the old zebco's, 202's gave way to 33's, then one day brother Doug brought home the first Mitchel 300 I had ever saw,, could not believe the cast-ability improvements, then my wheels got to turning, and with my first real part time job I was off to the sports shop.  Got my first Diawa, then a Phlueger? followed,, Loved the drag systems, then the Bassmasters got big, and the Garcia's got big for flippin and worming,, good memories, lots of birds nests ;D and stories that still not soon forgotten and many not believed :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

I have two Lew's Browning BB40 bait casting reels that I've had and used since 1994.  Well maybe actually three because I just found and bought another on ebay.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

timberking

I remember Daddy with the red Ambassador 5000 and they came out with the black 5000C with stainless bearings.  Got one for 14th birthday.  Mommy used an Abu 170.

drobertson

Haa Haa :D :D :D you know something,, we took a trip the first of April to see the kids in Wis.  that Sunday we took a drive to Gurney Ill. I believe it was, anyway had a good lunch and hit the build a bear in the mall for the grand daughter, then made way to the Bass Pro,  I was like a young man all over again,, nothing like hands on for getting the feel of another ultra light,, we got the call, son in law and me, and had to bail out.. pretty sure I will be adding to the rack another ugly stick 4-1/2' with the shimano spin cast.  There was a browning there too that grabbed my eye, I really liked the smoothness of it as well, but there is just something about the ugly sticks I like,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Banjo picker

Went to an estate sale last friday.  Got these for $5.00 each.  Now that the boys have grown up, maybe I can keep a fishing pole around.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

starmac

Ha Ha, if they are like mine, don't count on it. Everytime my bunch goes camping they come borrow tents, bags fishing gear, heck even an axe.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Banjo picker

Guess i forgot to add the picture after i loaded it.   Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Thank You Sponsors!