iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hot rod

Started by Peter Drouin, June 08, 2019, 12:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

It's not all gloom and doom, It just an odd year for selling lumber. I know one guy buys hole sale, Purches all kinds of lumber and plywood shingles this past winter. Then the price drop came. Talk about a guy crying.
He was telling me how he had to be the cheapest one or he would not get the whole house job.

I won't do that. ;)  Like Yellowhammer says [I'm not racing to the bottom]
I looked into the KD hardwood, No money up here for that everyone up here buys hole sale from the brokers. Not as nice a wood I could make. They just want cheap.
I'm the only mill that can cut 45' around here. But, I have not gotten a timber frame yet this year. I always have 1 or 2 a year.
Well enuff of the wood thing, Back to the hot rod. :D :D ;)

Going to be a hot day today, the NASCAR thing is on today just 10 miles away from me. I might take a ride over and see what a real hot rod looks like.  ;D  
I do have a roll bar in mine does that count? :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

dgdrls

Peter, gets your ducks in a row and come to Syr next year
Syracuse Nationals

you have a dandy ride there

D

Skip

Looks great. Man, that was fast! I'd still be in the 'Thinkin bout it stage.' Great job! :o

Bruno of NH

I'm finding the same thing this year with sales.
Very little retail all custom orders.
That will be a nice shop
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Bruno of NH on July 21, 2019, 07:27:34 PM

That will be a nice shop
As long as the $$$ keeps coming in. Some in town think Ann had a life insurers policy with the hot rod and lift coming in the picture. She did not. It's all my hard work making it happen.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Folks always can think what they want.
We know it's hard work.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

Bad key switch. Will fix tomorrow.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

And if she did,so what. None of thier DANG business.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on July 23, 2019, 05:30:35 AM
And if she did,so what. None of thier DANG business.

True. I just wanted to shut them up. Ann and I did not believe in profit from a loved one's death.
We thought it was petty.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Big Big car show Friday, 2 towns over. Going to try to get out of here.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Did not make the car show, Had my new rear suspension come in from Speedway. The rod had too much role for me so I stiffen it up.

Old stuff.

New stuff Not just shocks but longer brake lines.

I can adjust them, see the nob bottom right. With the longer shocks and being a 4 bar setup I had to real aline the axel for the pitch of the drive shalf and square to the front axel too

see the plum lines hanging from the front axle I had some window weights work good, the wind won't move them. ;D
Then I measure from the clamps I have on the back axle.
Then reset the 4 bar suspension.

Took most of the day.  I have some parts to redo the front too I want this thing to corner like a vet. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

trapper

My wife and I each have a small policy to bury us and mine is a little larger than hers just because I want to take care of her when I am gone.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

thecfarm

There, that lift sure did come in handy.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on July 28, 2019, 05:19:36 AM
There, that lift sure did come in handy.

Yes, it did.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Don P

Another trick with plumb bobs in the breeze is to have them hanging down into a bucket of water. They are still hanging plumb but the water dampens the swinging around. Course if you're trying to get over a pin or mark on the floor that's a whole nuther problem.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Don P on July 28, 2019, 08:56:06 AM
Another trick with plumb bobs in the breeze is to have them hanging down into a bucket of water. They are still hanging plumb but the water dampens the swinging around. Course if you're trying to get over a pin or mark on the floor that's a whole nuther problem.

smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

It's funny
When I was building I would bring out a plumb Robert and most folks would look at me like I had 3 heads. 
I would tell them a plumb Bob never lies :)

Peter Drouin

Quote from: trapper on July 27, 2019, 10:41:43 PM
My wife and I each have a small policy to bury us and mine is a little larger than hers just because I want to take care of her when I am gone.

We all do what we want to do. I can take care of my self. There's too much going on here for Ann to do it all and would have to sell the place, That would set her up for 100 years.
She went first, Everything is all paid for even the gravestone.
I just put everything in a trust now. In a way, I'll be calling the shots even after I'm gone. ;D ;)

The Hot Rod is in the barn with the front end all tore apart. ::) :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

The Hot Rod was ruing ruff needed a new cap and rotor for the 327. Has a Procon cap made by Malare I did not spell that right? Anyhow they got bot out by Jegs. They had them  8) 8)
Have 6 caps coming with 6rotors ;D Less than a $100 bucks. 8) 8)

Had a bunch of customers come in this morning.
I need to cut some wood. ;) ;) ::) Order came in for 10- 8x8x16'  2- 8x8x12' 10- 8x8x10' too hemlock'
For sills, Will get the rest of the barn list latter. That might get in the way of my Hot Rod time. ;D

Jeff, I can't tell how much this car has helped me get over Ann some.
Thanks to you and all my friends here.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

:)

I'm not sure our mustang will be back before the pig roast. That's okay by me, then I don't have to be moving it around, not that I couldn't leave it outside if it were here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

Well, the hot rod was burning the contacts inside the distributor cap. Burned a new one in a week. :o  Drop off the hot rod at the doc [a race car bilder] Told me the hi-performance distributor is junk.
I called Speedway and a new one is on its way with two extra caps and rotors. 
I make over $600 in lumber sailes on a rainy day today and now have to share it with the hot rod. $400 for it and the IRS will get the rest. 
Didn't make any money today.  :D :D :D But that's ok Money is the #3 thing down from my list.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Nebraska

We used to have a drag strip on an old airbase twenty miles south of here, my neighbor the math teacher used to run a car down there, bet you could have some fun with it on a strip.
What a fun project...

Peter Drouin

Always a good time.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Moved the shifter so the linkage will work better. Now have to fab a box around it with cup holders. ;D
New short hair carpet too.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Peter,
Have you been able to enjoy it this year ?
Or are you to busy ?

Thank You Sponsors!