iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Missed a halloween opportunity

Started by Woolywolf, December 17, 2009, 10:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolywolf

http://savetheglobe.wordpress.com/  Scroll down to the agenda for the action camp.

This group might give witches a bad name  :(.

For those who don't know, the Globe Forest is a forest near Boone, NC, that the US Forest Service Plans to harvest, at least that is if they can withstand the tactics of loud environmentalists, who have taken up the battle cry of the forest. Anybody else heard about this?

motohed

I have to say that it is sad that these people think they are doing a wonderful thing . When in reality it's been proven that with good forestry management practices , the forest will be much healthier ,with more abundant food source for the animal habitat . If they could only look outside the box .

mahonda

I think we would all be safer if we keep those people in the box and out of the woods. They won't let us cut trees down but they can mutalate a pumpkin sounds like hypocrites to me :D
"If your lucky enough to be a logger your lucky enough!"
Burly aka Dad

zopi

PETG People for the Ethical Treatment of Gourds.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

tughill

I wish I knew where there were events like this near me.  I would love to attend.  After all I am a dedicated, conservation minded person.  I am also a PETA member. (people eating tasty animals)  Members of our group here need to attend these wacko hippy campouts and spread the truth.

Many years ago I was walking on the promenade in Santa Monica California, when I was confronted by a representative of the sierra club.  After a long discussion about forestry,  she was convinced that I was not evil or even trying to do any harm to the forest.  I think she also realized that everything she knew about 'ecology' was actually propaganda, not actual facts, and she seemed very disturbed when I brought up the fact that the Sierra club is merely a political action comittee set up for the purpose of raising money, so it is no different than any large corporation, with the exception that corporations admit that there purpose is to make a profit.  These so called 'non-profit' PAC's actually profit some folks, like their board of directors, and consultants they hire quite nicely.

The point is instead of having a conflict with these poor ignorant fools who want something to 'save', we need to show them that we are regular people with many of the same goals, and that forestry is based on sound scientific principles.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not."- Thomas Jefferson
Local Farmer here won 10$ million in the lottery, when asked what he was going to do with his winnings, responded, "Keep on farming until that's all gone too."

timberfaller390

Quote from: tughill on December 18, 2009, 08:32:30 AM
I wish I knew where there were events like this near me.  I would love to attend.  After all I am a dedicated, conservation minded person.  I am also a PETA member. (people eating tasty animals)  Members of our group here need to attend these wacko hippy campouts and spread the truth.
That is a great idea as long as "we" out number "them" at such a gathering. I read an article several years ago about a trapper who also had a degree in conservation, who visited a gathering of animal rights wacko's to try to explain sound conservation principles and over population problems. He was beaten badly and had to be hospitalized. Educating people is a great thing and the only way to stop some of the laws that hinder or effectivley stop sound conservation projects. However some of these extremeist groups are so radical that it would not be safe for one or two right minded people to show up to try and explain things to them. As far as the article in the link goes it sounds like a bunch of idiots just trying to stir the pot. From what they were saying I gather they are "professional" protesters who protest anything they can find. The writer  said she(?) had protested things in the streets and here and there but working in the woods would be different. What kind of impact do they think 40 people in one camp had on the forest.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

mahonda

The squeaky wheel gets the grease! Unfortunetly these "wackos" squeak the loudest. In my opinion we lost the war the first time we ever met them half way. Every time we colaborate and meet them in the middle, the next time they want more and more. They aren't working on saving the forest just keeping us out and they will win if we continue to "work together"
"If your lucky enough to be a logger your lucky enough!"
Burly aka Dad

Thank You Sponsors!