iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Flowers

Started by Autocar, January 06, 2012, 07:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

As I walked up from the shop this afternoon it felt like a late spring day. I glanced down at the flower bed here all the easter/ spring flowers are coming up. Boy O boy somebody needs to tell them its January  ;D
Bill

Patty

I heard on the radio that folk's daffodils are poking up already! I noticed in our raised beds that our onions and shallots are coming up too. It has certainly been an odd winter.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

sandhills

I helped my FIL move some furniture the other night and he said he actually thought about tilling his garden that day, I told him he just as well throw some radish seed out if he does, they'd probably grow.  I can't remember what year it was but quite a few years back we had a thaw in Febuary and dad planted rye in one field for the cows to graze in the spring, it worked great, so far this winter I don't think we've had much over an inch or two of frost in the ground and I doubt there's that much right now.

SwampDonkey

In 1981 the bristly locust trees leaved out in February here. Turned colder in March and killed them stone cold. ;D

This isn't unheard of, just unusual. Almanac was accurate to. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

miking

I gave a glance towards the crocuses yesterday but didn't see any. Wouldn't surprise me though.
Echo CS530, 600 and 680 chainsaws, SRM410U brushcutter, PB500 blower and PP265 power pruner. Also a Stihl 192c for the lil' stuff.

chain

I had noticed the Ozark witch hazel was in bloom last week along a creek bottom in our woods. 

Long range forecast for next week-end shows the first true arctic front of the winter coming through for the mid-west; we still have time for alot of winter.

SwampDonkey

I've seen over 3 feet of snow come in March before. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I've seen when we got all of our snow in March. Don't last long that way.  ;D  Wife must have some of those ice pansies. I saw a few in bloom.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I noticed a yard full of white Daffodils yesterday.   smiley_daisy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!