iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quick woodmizer lt35 help

Started by mrector, August 06, 2014, 10:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrector

I have had my lt35hdg25 since friday. I am very pleased with the machine!

Just a couple quick issues that you guys may can help me with.
1: hydraulics work even if key is in off position,  will even work with the key in my pocket??

2: simple set, I have it set for 1" boards and scale reads the same, but my boards are 15/16" thick. I thought the blade kerf was figured in with scale and setworks? .045 blade with .025" set.

Thanks Mikey
Woodmizer LT35HD25 brand new!
Stihl 044 and my favorite: ms260 pro
Homemade logging arch
Homemade hitch log picker-upper
DanG Deadheader log loading trailer.

hunz

The hydraulics definitely shouldn't work with the key in your pocket. Mine still work with the key turned to accessory( first detent in ignition. Are you pulling the key out when the mill isn't completely turned off? I know its a stupid question, but have to ask.

I have to set my simple set at 1-1/8" to get a 1" board. My magnetic scale doesn't figure in kerf, I have to drop rge same as my set works to get true 4/4 boards.(actually a hair over)
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

ronwood

If you want a 1 in board with simple setworks you need to add the offset to the value that the head drops. I set my drop at 1 1/8 in drop to get a 1 in board.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

ronwood

Also I don't believe that you the hydraulics should be active if the key is removed are in the off position. Might want to call tech support.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Nvfd3052

As long as your head in back on the power strip your hydro will be hot. Your key and setworks power swich do not tie in to the hydro system. Hope this helps
Woodmizer LT35HDD18 diesel
Stihl ms290
Deere 260 skid loader
01 Chevy 2500hd duramax
And a wife that loves me!

Magicman

My first call would have been to WM.   :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerBrown

Quote from: Nvfd3052 on August 06, 2014, 11:42:22 AM
As long as your head in back on the power strip your hydro will be hot. Your key and setworks power swich do not tie in to the hydro system. Hope this helps
Agree with all above. Just to clarify, the hydraulics are run off the battery. The only "connection" to the engine is that the engine alternator charges the battery.

Congratulations on the new mill!  I still love mine too.  I'd love to see I pic of the new debarker if you got that option, I heard there was an upgrade
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

taylorsmissbeehaven

Congratulations on the new mill Mike! I know you love those hydraulics. There is always a learning curve and I am sure you will figure it out. Happy sawing, Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

Peder McElroy

I also have a new lt35hd and my hydraulics also work as long as the saw head is on the power strip. You should leave the saw off the power strip if you don't want the hydraulics to work when away. Also saw kerf is not figured in the simple set.

mrector

Talked with woodmizer Carolina and he gor back with me and said the new lt35's have live hydraulics with key in any position just as long as tour contacting the power bar. I get it with the scale and setworks, firgured that out shortly after posting.

As fir contacting woodmizer I may just get a second opinion.  Because I'm pretty sure hydros shouldn't work with key out regardless of if its contacting strip or not.

But all in all, I am VERY satisfied with the mill so far. 9+ hours on it in 4 days and 1500bd/ft.
Mikey
Woodmizer LT35HD25 brand new!
Stihl 044 and my favorite: ms260 pro
Homemade logging arch
Homemade hitch log picker-upper
DanG Deadheader log loading trailer.

Magicman

My LT40SuperHydraulic has a power relay (solenoid) that disconnects the 12V. from the hydraulic strip when the switch is off.  Standard LT40's do not or at least did not with earlier models.  I am not sure about now.

If your LT35 is designed for live hydraulics, (not include a power relay) then that is what is has.

A simple look at your operator's manual electrical diagram (schematic) will show you for sure.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MartyParsons

Hello,
The LT35 HD does not have the solenoid in the fuse box. The hydraulics will work as they said anytime it is on the contact strip.The key does not need to be on. 
The set works does not figure the kerf setting. The best method is to set the setting to the lumber size and add the 1/16" twice. So that will give you the proper lumber thickness.
The LT35HDG25 are working well. I have been running the 7 degree Turbo blade this weekend at a show.  I even sawed Hickory with the 7 Turbo. I really like this blade! WM does not recommend it for low hp mills but it has preformed real well even on the LT15. I did try 9 degree but went back to the 7 Turbo on the last two logs.
Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!