iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging Conference

Started by D._Frederick, February 29, 2004, 04:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D._Frederick

I went the 100 miles to watch Frank Pender make saw dust with the Mobile Dimension circle mill. Frank said that there was 6 or 8 regulars from the forum showed up in Eugene to see this years selection of sawmills. The following companies were there: WoodMizer was there with everything from the LT300 to the LT15. The only thing new from WM was a heavy duty edger, Mod 430 that was made to use with the 300. They also made a enclosed cab for the 300. Baker was there with there big mill and  3 set on the ground type mills. Bake has changed the hydrualic system on there mill using cylinders that have push rods a little over 1/2 inch in diameter. I was wondering if they send out a cylinder kit to repair the bend-up rods? Hudson had 2 of there smallest mill here. The two swing blade mfg's. and L and M from BC Canada were here. A good show with a lot of logs sawn-up.

BW_Williams

Hey D., Frank mentioned you may be attending, hope the WX was better on Saturday.  I've got a windy post over in the Events, shows section and Sawmill John posted some pics, check around Wed and I should have a pic or 2, I'll post over there.  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Oregon_Sawyer

I had planned on going to Eugene (this is the first year in a long time that I missed).   I got all jammed up on Fri.  Did a couple of custom jobs in the morning.  Red Oak for both customers.  That is not a native wood here.  Developed a leak in the hydrolics  ended up moving the mill out of the sawdust pile so I could find the leak.  Then we had to clean up the building.  Sat I had to help pull wire for my house, almost done.

Loren
Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

Sam

QuoteBaker was there with there big mill and  3 set on the ground type mills. Bake has changed the hydrualic system on there mill using cylinders that have push rods a little over 1/2 inch in diameter. I was wondering if they send out a cylinder kit to repair the bend-up rods? .

Hello, what push rods are you refering to ? We have not modified the Hydraulic cylinders on the sawmill in several years. The Toe roller (log leveler) cylinders are very high quality cylinders and we have had no problem to date.
The only option we needed out in Eugene, Or. was a set boat paddles due to all the rain :D.  Ha! Ha!  Have a good day

Thank You Sponsors!