iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Hog Loader

Started by Rob-IL, March 24, 2006, 06:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob-IL

Hello; could anyone tell me if Log Hog Knukle Boom loaders are still being built??? Is the company still in buisness?? Are parts available??  Rob ( Surely somebody out there knows about Log Hog knukle boom loaders!!)
I grew up around logging but chose to be a heavy equipment mechanic for several years. Later in life my interest changed so my cousin and myself went into logging on our own in 1988.

ronwood

Welcome the forum Rob-IL. Sorry that I can't help you with your question. Did you try google to see if there is any on the net.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

ironmule2004

The Dunham Log Hog Company is no longer in business.  They were located in Minden, La.  Having loader Problems? 

Ironmule

Rob-IL

Hello and thanks for your reply. Actually I recently traded for a Log Hog loader. I believe it's a 870?? I was curious what I was going to run into as far as getting parts ETC ETC. Rob
I grew up around logging but chose to be a heavy equipment mechanic for several years. Later in life my interest changed so my cousin and myself went into logging on our own in 1988.

ironmule2004

I know where several log hog loaders are and I have some friends that run them also.   We only live about 40 miles from where they were made.  I'm sure I could find you some parts if you ever need any.

Rob-IL

Thanks, I'll be keeping that in mind. Would like to find a parts book. Just curious, what happened to the Dunham company for it to close?? Fold???  ( My Loader is a XTR 850 Serial # 2211-78-xtr-850) Looks to be quite heavy built but I don't think I like the Dog Leg boom as it won't be handling tree length. Will be awhile before I start using it. Rob

ironmule2004

I don't know why they aren't in business anymore.  I think they started out making the Log Hog tractor for skidding which were converted ford tractors that had a blades, roll cages, belly pans, and single tree grabs.  The newer ones had grapples.  The full tree length logging around this area put this machine out of business(mid 80's?) and put the skidders in business.  It was too hard to manuever with the light 2-wheel drive tractors.  As far as the loaders go, I'm not sure exactly when or why they ended production.  They look to be well built machines!  I'll keep my eye out for a book on your loader or a similiar Log Hog model. 

Ironmule

Thank You Sponsors!