iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Loader ?

Started by Wes, November 16, 2003, 02:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes

Hi all,
I've been following this site for several month's now,I think it's great.Much more personal then the other one.  8) This is my first posting here, and I'm still learnin this puter thing, I hope it comes out ok.
 Does anyone have or know where I can find info. on an LD3? Scoopmobile 4 wd articulated loader? I picked it up last week cheap,pulled the engine and trans to replace some seals and do some gear box repairs. There isnt a data plate on the machine,and I'm not sure what the engine is?
 I know this isnt a sawmilling question,but i'm hopeing someone can help.

Fla._Deadheader

Ain't got a clue what ya have there, but, I CAN welcome ya to the forum. Notice ya got one 'o them Orange machines. You should get along fine with the Bibster, ::) :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

D._Frederick

Wes,

The scoopmobiles that I saw during the 50 and 60's were powered with a flat head 4 by Continental.

Welcome aboard.

chet

Welcome aboard Wes. Check this link, if anyone would have a manual these guys would.  http://www.jensales.com
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

ronwood

Wes,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't help you with your question.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Paul_H

Welcome Wes!

I did a search and found a site that was having a discussion on Scoopmobiles.I'll post a link and hope that it helps.

Scoopmobile

Scoop

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Frank_Pender

Welcome a board, Wes.  Sounds like you have a real project on you hands.  I sure with the help so far you will soon be on your way getting your new fixer upper back to work.
Frank Pender

raycon

Lot of stuff..

Wes

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the useful information everyone. I havent had a chance to check out all the sites yet but they look interesting.Once I get all the info. and get the loader up and running I'll post a photo of it,I'ts a strange looking thing but it grows on you. ;D
Thanks again.
Wes.

Paul_H

I'm looking forward to the pictures.It sounds like a neat old loader.
I have a MF55 loader for the mill,and haven't had much luck in finding information on it.Did find a source for tranny parts in Montana.

Wes

Paul_H.
I found an excellent source for old trans. parts in Cal.
its called Valley Gear & Transmision, they ID'd my trans. and have all the parts on the shelf. I will only be replacing some
thrust washers ,one bearing and a seal, I will have to do without granny gear as it would cost me about $500. more,I dont think I'll really need it with the two speed transfer case.
When I drove it 2'nd was really low. :o
Wes.

Paul_H

Tractor Parts

I found the source that I mentioned before.It is in Idaho,not Montana ::)  Was real close though.

The MF55 has forward,reverse,and Hi/lo.It's pretty slow in all directions.

Thank You Sponsors!