McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Maine logger88

Nice looking machine! I ran one like it once worked good real strong
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

lopet

Is it mounted on a trailer chassis ? Or what's that thing underneath ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

clww

How are you liking it compared to the previous machine? We do our loading with a Cat 320.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

treeslayer2003

+1 what do you think of the power and not having a platform?

smwwoody

the power is great this thing is strong  8)

It is mounted on a trailer

it is slower than the 325 was but it more than makes up for the lack of speed with strength

The lack of a platform is its biggest fault  it is tough to get in and out.  My skidder operator said we should take the door off and replace it with a set of fold down attic steps  :D

it has increased our production.  the pics dont show it well but we are cutting some real big hard wood.  it would have been a real job with the 325

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treeslayer2003

Quote from: smwwoody on August 31, 2014, 07:24:01 PM
the power is great this thing is strong  8)

It is mounted on a trailer

it is slower than the 325 was but it more than makes up for the lack of speed with strength

The lack of a platform is its biggest fault  it is tough to get in and out.  My skidder operator said we should take the door off and replace it with a set of fold down attic steps  :D

it has increased our production.  the pics dont show it well but we are cutting some real big hard wood.  it would have been a real job with the 325
thats what is holding me up on that live heel 275........i don't think my father could get in it.
that power would be nice in big timber though.........

kiko

Park the boom 90 degrees from the trailer and it is easy to get in and out of. You only have to climb around the side when it bucked down for transport and the getting back in.

BargeMonkey

Thats a nice loader, pretty good on fuel ?

timberlinetree

Nice loader and glad it's working good.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

smwwoody

We do park the boom off to the side.  The steps are cut into the cab so it feels like you are leaning back too far when you are climbing in.  the steps on a prentice 410 are bolted on the outside and they feel much easier to get into.  it is not really that bad it will just take a week to get used to it.  as far as the fuel it doesnt seen too bad.  I will know more after a few weeks on the fuel.

Did I mention this thing is STRONG
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

BargeMonkey

My loader struggles with the big stuff, must be nice to have the power.  :D  how does your pull thru handle the smaller hardwood ? I keep debating a stripper delimber but between the loader not having the power, and alot of my jobs arent set up for "full tree" ive held back waiting.

loggah

Barko loaders are tough,the 225 i had was pretty stout! you handle big wood ,you need a big loader. ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

treeslayer2003

Quote from: smwwoody on September 01, 2014, 08:20:42 PM
We do park the boom off to the side.  The steps are cut into the cab so it feels like you are leaning back too far when you are climbing in.  the steps on a prentice 410 are bolted on the outside and they feel much easier to get into.  it is not really that bad it will just take a week to get used to it.  as far as the fuel it doesnt seen too bad.  I will know more after a few weeks on the fuel.

Did I mention this thing is STRONG
woody, what year is yours? my loader has about had it.........goin back to look at the barko again......may just buy it.
also, the one im looking at has dual stick cylinders, i can't tell if yours does. i would think it could heel a lot with those dual cylinders and a live heel.........i never run a live heel, not sure what to expect.

tj240

two stick cylinders will give you big power but are slower the newer big barkos have one main boom cylinder but they are FAST. they just use alot more pump pressure. the 495 magnum is powerful and fast good luck
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

smwwoody

that 275B is a 1998.  it has 2 sti8ck cylinders.  it is a little slow but it make up for its lack of speed with strength.  It will heal a 20" DBH red oak tree with the top still on it and put it where ever you want it.  I had a new 595 magnum as a loaner while some work was being done on my old prentice.  I would have liked to keep the 595 but the price was just a little too much for me  :D

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treeslayer2003

this ones an 89 low hours........im going to look at it in the morning. i am sick of loader trouble. even if i fix every thing on mine, it will still be to small.

Maine logger88

I just noticed that the cab is on the left side of the boom like a 410 Prentice did that take any getting used too?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

smwwoody

That left side cab is a little odd at first
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treeslayer2003

is hard to set with the skidder? it looks heavy...........of course your 170 is alot heavyer than this 540 lol.

smwwoody

It is all the 170 wants to handle
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treeslayer2003

i bought it...........89 275A with 4400 hours. started fast and works like it should. it comes home tomorrow.

smwwoody

Good for you. Now we need to see it
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treeslayer2003

lol, i'll post pics tomorrow night. gotta go get it tomorrow.

treeslayer2003

well here it is........im gonna need a few hoses, this thing has sat since 2002.

Thank You Sponsors!