iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for Timber Harvester near me to visit

Started by Brad_S., March 10, 2018, 08:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_S.

When I re-powered my Timber Harvester mill years ago, I did not do a very good job documenting the wiring. At the time, I was working on the road and wasn't even using the saw. It sat idle for many years. Now that I am home again and using it, I can't figure out how to wire up the solenoid that throttles the engine up and down. I would like to find a timber harvester owner somewhat near me who has the Duetz/Lombardini diesel and is willing to let me visit so that I can trace your wiring to be able to fix mine. Western and Central NY, Western and Central PA or Eastern OH would be nice but I am up for a road trip if anyone farther away is willing to let me come out and inspect the wiring.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

tylerltr450

I can probably trace the wires for you if you want
Timber Harvester 36HTD25 fully loaded
2006 Dodge 2500 first Auto to NV5600 swap, EFI Live Tune by me
John Deere Tractor
Massey Ferguson 711B SkidSteer

Brad_S.

Thank you Tyler! I may take you up on that. I will be in touch when the weather breaks a little bit. 

york

Your solenoid should be marked pos. and neg.

Ground wire goes to neg.

Pos. wire goes to wire,that runs into the key box...i had the same engine,as what you had..
Albert

tylerltr450

Quote from: york on March 12, 2018, 03:30:33 PM

Ground wire goes to neg.

Pos. wire goes to wire,that runs into the key box...i had the same engine,as what you had..
I will check that I think it sound right to me.

Quote from: Brad_S. on March 12, 2018, 02:30:19 PM
Thank you Tyler! I may take you up on that. I will be in touch when the weather breaks a little bit.
Sure no problem! Let me know like I said instead of driving I can check out see what I can find.

John Deere Tractor

Brad_S.

Quote from: york on March 12, 2018, 03:30:33 PM

Ground wire goes to neg.

Thanks for the description. It certainly looked that simple but I cannot get it to actuate. I've replaced my switch and I ran another wire from the control box thinking maybe I had a broken wire. I've cleaned my contacts and my ground on the solenoid... I even got a new solenoid thinking that was my issue but still no positive results. . I'm getting frustrated but I will go back and do the whole diagnostic over again now that I know that it is as simple as that. 

Dewey

Due to engine change I haven't had one for years...It's not a necessary item.. I'm going on 22 years sawing fulltime with my TH 30

tylerltr450

Quote from: Dewey on March 15, 2018, 02:36:54 AM
Due to engine change I haven't had one for years...It's not a necessary item.. I'm going on 22 years sawing fulltime with my TH 30

John Deere Tractor

Brad_S.

Thank You Sponsors!