iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Minor lazyness can cost A lot of $

Started by cutter88, July 19, 2015, 10:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter88

Was bucking up In May landing with a almost new 461 last week it was 4 I was burned right out from falling timber In the heat... Jamed the saw in the tree lengh pile instead of being smart and cutting it out I thought oh ill just bump it with the skid steer when I Finnish piling what's bucked up ahead of it and as u can gues I bumped a log it rolled down broke the handle and brake handle and gas tank.:.
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

clww

Good learning lesson, but that hurts. >:(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Timbercruiser

Good thing stihl has a huge aftermarket parts support on ebay  :) Always happens when your tired better to sit down for 15min drink and have a snack always helps. Good thing you didnt get hurt

thecfarm

So you're saying I should not do that anymore??  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

luvmexfood

Stuff like that happens. More than some of us will admit. Don't know how many times I have pulled on a log with a tractor to get a hung saw loose instead of going to the truck and getting another saw. One of these days it will bite me.

Course two hung saws calls for desperate matters. :-X
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

hedgerow

It seems with me any time I go for one of those short cuts when I am tired It always ends of bad with something broke or me hurt. 30 years ago I broke my father inlaws [BIG I CAN'T LIVE WITH OUT SAW]  using a tractor and chain to move the log the saw was pinched on. It all went wrong. A lot of time and money was spend by me to get the saw back in shape.

luvmexfood

Yep. Was skidding Saturday. Tired and aggravated. Saw my old 029 setting over to the side of the skid road and though I ought to stop and move it. Didn't and yes I wish I had of now. Didn't even feel the tractor run over it.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

NH-Murph

A few weeks ago, I was done for the day, and instead of lugging the saw back to the house, I figured I'd just roll the tractor bucket down over it for the night.  What I didn't see was the little stick that flopped the saw over just as I put the bucket down.  Cost me a handlebar on the 372.  Sure felt like a dumbass!

Thank You Sponsors!