iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Pictures for AMS Kiln Dried Lumber

Started by Ga_Boy, October 28, 2004, 05:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga_Boy

Most of ya'll have seen me post on here for about nine months now.  You might have noticed that I haven't been posting that often here lately.  My day time job took offense to my being logged on, so they went and blocked my access to FF.  Needless to say I am looking for a new day time job to pay the bills till my lumber business gets going.   I have been busy writing a business plan, conducting market research and doing market analysis.  I should have my customer survey in the mail by the end of the week.  With all this done I can now get down to the business of getting my hands on some logs for sawing.

Well, I guess most of you are looking for the pictures; I don't mean to disappoint; so have a look at what I did yesterday.

This is two Black Walnuts that I got a few weeks ago.  It took me ne hour from the time I pulled in to the time I pulled away.

This is a picture of my trailer after I got it home.  Bought it from a fella who left it sitting in a field.

Here is the shot of my trailer with a load of logs after I worked on it and got it back in road condition.

Here is the best way I found to load logs.  The fella with the hat is has a 54" circle mill.  He got all the Pines and Poplars.  There were two Poplars that were 35", all logs were 16' 6''.

This is a pile of Poplar, Pine and Sweet Gum.  I ended up with 12 Sweet Gums.  I think I have a buyer for these.

I got a mulch maker that workes real cheap if anybody is interested.

This is a close up of the back of the last load of the day.  The big one is a Oak.

Mark
AMS KIln Dried Lumber

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

WH_Conley

Lotsa luck. I'm going for it to, started hauling pulp wood on a pickup when I was 16, long, long time ago, fooled with logs and lumber off and on ever since. Been working construction right smart while. Last Feburary I called my wife from a cheap motel room, told her to call an old friend of mine and tell him to bring the excavator and dozer over and make me some level ground. "I have had enough of laying the mud welding and having a boss standing on dry ground screaming get more done". Not exact wording, but this a family place. "Don't know it will end, the bank might have one heck of a big auction some day". Her answer was "Are you on the way yet and what do you want for supper?"
     Ga_Boy, we may have to get togather some day and cry on each others shoulder. But is that not better than wishing you had of took the gamble and always regretting not doing it?
Go for it.
    Good luck, Bill

Bill

Ga_Boy

Bill,

I would love to drop by some times a have a cold one with you.

When I head'en that way I'll give you a shout.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Thank You Sponsors!