iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tupper Lake Woodsmen Field Days 7/10-11/10 Get the word out!!!!

Started by stihl46, July 07, 2010, 10:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stihl46

Trying to get the word out on this event.  Here are some Specifics on this Event

This weekend July 10-11 is the Tupper Lake Woodsmen Field Days in Tupper Lake at the Municipal Park
-Woodsmen's day Parade
-Lumberjack competition
-Portable sawmill Demonstrations
-Log Splitter Demonstrations
-Chainsaw dealers and logging supplies
-Chainsaw carving competition and Auction
-Log Loading Competition
-Food and games
-Live Dixie Land music
-Professor Marvel's Magic Show
-Kid's Games
-Night Games Grease Pole Climb, Tug of War, Kids contests
-Adirondacks' Largest Horsepull
-Skidding and Truck Driving Competition

Call 518-359-9444 for more information or go to www.woodsmendays.com for more information or a schedule

We are looking to change this event into a show dedicated to small scale forestry, logging, tree service, milling and other related value added products.  The goal is to make the Tupper Lake Woodsmen's Field days the place to go to see all types of small scale products in one place together.  Not attached to a large industry show.  It is going to take a few years, but please spread the word and if you would like to be involved or bring your product next year contact me and we will work with you. 

On Saturday I will be announcing the Lumberjack Competition and Evening Games, if anyone would like to chat about the show, try and catch me during some down time or on Sunday.

Thanks and hope to see you there.
Tate Connor

John Mc

Oh bummer. I made there once a few years ago, and have been trying to get back again. The kids are old enough that they might enjoy the competition (they did get to see a bit of chainsaw carving, but were too young to appreciate it).

Unfortunately, I've got a commitment on Saturday, and the 6+ hour round trip (with the kids) doesn't make a lot of sense for a few hours at the show on Sunday.

Can you give us a bit more advance notice on the heads-up next year? I'll try to plan around it.

Also, a little more detail on the kids activities on your schedule page (or elsewhere on the site) might help those of us who are trying to convince family to come along.

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

JohnG28

Think Ill try to make it up there, Ill be at our place near Old Forge this weekend.  Ill shoot ya a pm if I think I can make it, shounds like a good time.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Mark K

John, I'll be right behind ya. I think I'm going on Sunday, should be cooler then. Moved skidder down south a little while ago, temp in truck said it was 96 out. Hopefully cools down for weekend.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

JohnG28

I was thinking sunday too. Looks like the weekend should be a little cooler, I saw 98 in my car yesterday, man its brutal out in this heat.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

John Mc

They are predicting a high of 79 or 80 on Saturday and Sunday in Tupper Lake... Humidity still high in the morning on Saturday, but levels should be dropping into the afternoon. All-in-all, a much nicer time to be hanging around outside than what we've been seeing around here in VT for the last couple of days. (heat index hit 104 today... we just ain't used to that up here.)

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

twobears

i,de like to go..but,it,s one of those weekends..one del six places to be..if you guys are shooting for sunday maybe i will too??
i like the idea of making it a small scale show..i hope it works out.

delbert

Chuck White

Quote from: John Mc on July 07, 2010, 11:12:09 AM
Oh bummer. I made there once a few years ago, and have been trying to get back again. The kids are old enough that they might enjoy the competition (they did get to see a bit of chainsaw carving, but were too young to appreciate it).

Unfortunately, I've got a commitment on Saturday, and the 6+ hour round trip (with the kids) doesn't make a lot of sense for a few hours at the show on Sunday.

Can you give us a bit more advance notice on the heads-up next year? I'll try to plan around it.

Also, a little more detail on the kids activities on your schedule page (or elsewhere on the site) might help those of us who are trying to convince family to come along.

John Mc

John;
Here is a link to the Boonville Woodsmens Days, if that'll help you!

http://www.starinfo.com/woodsmen/index.html

Probably a little longer drive, but it's an option.

Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Chuck White

I plan on going on Saturday.  Too much going on here on Sunday.

I'll be wearing my Forestry Forum hat.  Hope to see some of you guys there.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

JohnG28

Hey stihl46, welcome to the forum by the way.  Hope to meet some of you guys up there, be good to meet some more members in person. Its looking like will be Sunday for me, convinced my better half to go, but have prior obligations Saturday.  Anyways, looking forward to it.  :)

Maine372

hi tater!

doesnt look like i will be making out this year, mabey next year. i hope to see you at some competitions this summer. good luck with your show.

Buckwheat.

wilson_tree

I'll be there Saturday.  I'm competing in a few events of the Open Competition.  I'm doing 2 man crosscut saw, log rolling, stock saw, underhand chop, and tree felling.  I think I have a picture from 2008 in my gallery.  If you see me, say hello.  There is a lot of time to fill between events, so I'd be happy to chat a while.  I really like the idea of focusing on small scale forestry and tree service work.  Those are my areas. 

Autocar

My wife and I use to go up there and compeate in the lumberjack competition, it was the first place we ever sawed twenty inch white pine.
Bill

twobears

well,i made it on sunday and i really enjoyed myself.i got to meet steve and chris from the logosol crew.i ended up spending most of my time with them..thanks guys!! i also met stihl46 he was working the show but we found a few minutes to chat..nice meeting ya tate.i hope your ideas for the new woodsmens feilds days works out. i,de like to see alot more small scale logging done here and alot less done with machines as big as that cat skidder at the show...i,ve ran some pretty big skidders but it made me sick to think about something that big tearing thur the woods.
i have alot of connections to the tree service/powerline guys i,ll spread the word on there being more involved in the show. years ago when,croghan still ran there show alot of the tree service guys told me they wished that croghan had something for them too...not just loggers.

delbert

Thank You Sponsors!