iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Everything and the Kitchen Sink!

Started by Stump Jumper, July 30, 2007, 11:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump Jumper

if you see this rig headed to the roast please give it some room ;)

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Furby

I'm bringing everything but the kitchen sink. smiley_thumbsup
Ole Stump Jumper has to do me one better and bring the kitchen sink as well! ::) :o

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Furby

Not many left, not many at all. :-\

sawguy21

Dont try to sneak that rig into B.C. with the second trailer. ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

Furby
Are you voting more often now that you've been sampling them?   ;D ;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

sandman2234

Pulling doubles ain't allowed in Florida either, unless you are a commercial vehicle. Heck, I can't even do it and I have doubles/triples on my CDL. I had a long talk with a couple of CMV enforcement employees when a friend got stopped pulling two empty trailers into Florida. I ended up taking one of them to the house and he came back from West Palm Beach to pick it up. Ever since then he calls me from Tifton, Ga  and I meet him at the state line. That way he can still pull the double trailers all the way from Oklahoma that his company sells, and he just pays me for my miles. Saves him time and a lot of trouble and makes the trip better than hauling just one.
      David from jax

Stump Jumper

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

sandman2234

I wonder if I am allowed to do that since my Florida CDL doesn't allow it, but your state CDL does allow it, provided I have the T endorsement (doubles/triples), which I do  ( I have TXP), which also caused some trouble at one of the local distribution centers while trying to pull a load with Hazmat on it (requires H endorsement). I have the hazmat endorsement but since I also have tanker, they use an X to signify it, but the distribution center only allows H drivers out the gate. Our dispatch showed them what the X stands for but they didn't get it from their boss so the load got left on their yard.
      Sounds like another reason to get dragged into court if I try to find out for sure by doing it.
      David from jax

Furby

Well David, if we are required to drop the second trailer in states where it's not allowed, you should be all clear picking up a second trailer in states where it is allowed, as long as ya have the endorsement.

I'm clear for doubles on my CDL, but I'm still unsure if I need to comply with the shorter total length limit when hauling as recreational or if I'm allowed the CDL length limit while recreational. smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch

Quartlow

Just what is your length limit on recreational Furby?
Interesting note, I have a neighbor who has a 10 ton Corn Pro trailer, theres a Reese receiver in the back of it and a plug for trailer lights  smiley_headscratch
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Furby

Under the non CDL, Michigan R endorsement/recreational doubles there is a 65' TOTAL length limit.
From front bumper of the tow vehicle to rear of second trailer.

CDL doubles has NO TOTAL length, as long as certain conditions are met concerning length of trailers.

sandman2234

Pulling double 45' trailers on the turnpike is a long vehicle to contend with!
    David from jax

Thank You Sponsors!