iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bad Pump?

Started by stumper, November 10, 2018, 07:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumper

My Eclassic 2300 sprung a leak so replaced it with a new edge 7500 titanium.  Clearly the new boiler has been better engineered!  However, I am having an issue, my oil boiler keeps coming on.  That only happen if there was an issue with the old boiler.  Now it happen and I go check the boiler and it is at temperature.  Same pump, same run, same set point on the oil boiler.  Bumped the temp on the new boiler to 190 so it calls for heat at 180, the same low point as the old one.  I can't figure it out.  I am wondering if my pump is not moving enough water.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

hedgerow

A few quick questions. Did you make sure the line got bleed when the new boiler was installed Do you have any Y strainers at heat exchanger where the OWB and the oil boiler is mated. Usually you can use a temp gun and see if you are flowing. I can usually tell by feel if I have a Y strainer or a pump problem on my Garn and I am not getting good flow.  

stumper

No Y strainers.  I know I am getting flow I just do not know If I am getting "full" flow.

hedgerow

Is the plate heat exchanger that is between the OWB and oil boiler plugged up giving you flow Issues? 

mike_belben

Pull the circulator cartridge and see if its spinning under power. 
Praise The Lord

trapper

I find the taco impellers disintegrate every couple of years
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

woodmills1

Up here we call that nachoing your taco
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

doctorb

Do you have a temp gauge on the inflow from your OWB to your basement oil burner.  If so, reduced flow should show some loss of temp from the water leaving the stove to your house.  Now, there is a normal loss of heat in the thermopex lines, but, depending upon the distance of the OWB from your house, it shouldn't be great.  I have a 300' distance and I lose 6-8 degrees.  If you're losing 10degrees or more, you must have a flow issue.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!