iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vintage

Started by lumberjack48, January 17, 2012, 06:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack48

When i went out to Montana back in 1966, i went to work for J. C. Neils a lumber Co. in Libby.

I had worked with a pole skidder up at International Falls MN. so i knew what chockers were and chocker bells.

I got on as a chocker setter, behind a slide bar, short track, D8 with a skid pan, with 12 chockers., with funny looking bells

This what i wanted to show you, the chocker bells, I'd never seen such a thing, i didn't know at the time that the right name was Boxer Glove bells.
You would think they wouldn't stay hooked, as long as you don't give them no slack they stay hooked.
Then on the landing there 4 times faster to unhook, they worked good.

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

thecfarm

I've never seen any this far north.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

Quote from: lumberjack48 on January 17, 2012, 06:02:25 PM
When i went out to Montana back in 1966, i went to work for J. C. Neils a lumber Co. in Libby.

I had worked with a pole skidder up at International Falls MN. so i knew what chockers were and chocker bells.

I got on as a chocker setter, behind a slide bar, short track, D8 with a skid pan, with 12 chockers., with funny looking bells

This what i wanted to show you, the chocker bells, I'd never seen such a thing, i didn't know at the time that the right name was Boxer Glove bells.
You would think they wouldn't stay hooked, as long as you don't give them no slack they stay hooked.
Then on the landing there 4 times faster to unhook, they worked good.

find us some more old stuff with pictures

Thank You Sponsors!