iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Visiting a fellow member tomorrow!

Started by SPD748, January 20, 2017, 05:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPD748

I don't want to give away many details yet however I have the honor of being invited to visit a fellow member's sawmill. I'll be leaving on this epic journey bright and early tomorrow morning. I'm sure there will be pictures and stories to follow. Wish me fair winds and following seas for tomorrow's travels. I am super excited!

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

Chuck White

Happy for you, getting to meet and visit with another Forestry Forum Member!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

yukon cornelius

That sounds like a good time! They say here " if there isn't a picture, it didn't happen "

Have fun
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

SPD748

So,

The visit went great! I met ddcunning and got to see his awesome mill. As most of you know, he had quite a saga when building/rebuilding his mill. Some time back, I offered to machine some parts for him. He's hooking a planer to his main engine so I'll be machining a drive adapter and a couple support pieces for that task. Also, I'm making a carriage scale for him - similar to the one I made for my mill. I suppose I should start a new thread when I get started. I think I'm just as excited to machine parts as he is to have them lol. We worked out a bit of a trade for the work. More on that later.

It's always good to meet a fellow member and sawdust addict

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

ddcuning

It was great to have you come by Lee and get to meet you in person.  8) Yes, I am looking forward to getting that planer hooked up and going. I think it will be something to behold once it is done. Since the mill is down while you have the harmonic balancer, I checked level this weekend and it is off. The mill must have settled some or I may have never had it totally flat to start with. Using a laser level this time on a tripod. Also changed out all of my shanks. There were five different manufactures shanks in that blade I never paid it that much attention.  :embarassed: There were thin shanks, thick shanks and several styles of gullets. I am going to take it off this weekend and get it hammered now that it has the new shanks in it.

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

Thank You Sponsors!