iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peterson Demo Day ...With A Real Peterson Guy

Started by Burlkraft, April 09, 2007, 09:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, whitecap.   :)  I have read that thread and looked at the pictures.  It is good to see old trees/wood live on.  I am finishing building a clock from Redwood sent to me from Minnesota so that it too can live on.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ron Scott

~Ron

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Burlkraft

I have just used a bit of that myself lately. The seats look awesome and I'm glad to see it's being used. Way to go Thee Bob!!
Why not just 1 pain free day?

stumpy

I'm finally using some of my stash from the Wisconsin Redwood.  My nephew asked me to make him a coffee table for his first apartment.  I decided to do it out of some pine from our cabin up north.  He loves it up there and goes whenever he gets a chance.  I found some old steel machine legs half buried out back, so I sandblasted them and painted them for the table.  I used live edge pine and added a center strip of the redwood.  For the final touch, I glued a pocket on the  underside and inserted a picture of the plaque Burlkraft got with the log.  It tells the history of it.  Now when he has friends over, he's got a story to tell.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Jeff

I used part of the end cuts that we did before we started sawing the log in a landscape project for Tammy this week. The three chunks in the lower right foreground of the photo.

http://youtu.be/xS_Ytm5eqmE
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

whitecap

Hey Blackfoot..... I didn't see an option to attach photos to messages, so I'll post here regarding your pm question on the finish coating... :P

Stan only put on an oil base clear water repellant, (Wolmans), the photo above looks glossy because there was a fresh 2nd coat applied a short while before the photo. This photo is what it looks like after sitting outdoors for a week.  :-\
IMAGES MUST BE IN YOUR FORESTRY FORUM GALLERY OFFSITE PHOTOS ARE NOT ALLOWED

metalspinner

Hey! That boat looks familiar! 8)

Whitecap, I was thinking about a floor for my boat, too.  Do you mind sharing your procedure for installing it?  Do you have crossmembers under the decking?
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

whitecap

Quote from: metalspinner on April 11, 2012, 09:05:31 AM
Hey! That boat looks familiar! 8)

Whitecap, I was thinking about a floor for my boat, too.  Do you mind sharing your procedure for installing it?  Do you have crossmembers under the decking?

yup, there are crosspieces underneath ... the slats are screwed to the crosspieces (ripped them to about 1x2's the height should be the same as the alum ribs), just one fore and one aft,  It's all cedar so the crosspieces willl flex and we added a short 4x6 post under the center seat, it  pushes the floor down in the center and hold it in place. I used to have a piece of plywood laid in there that worked just fine for me but my buddy Stan wanted to step up to something nicer to match up with the new seats. ;D

tyb525

I'm thinking a lot of new members haven't seen this thread, it should almost be required reading ;D. Anyways, wish I coulda been a part of this incredible log sawing :)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

red

Definitely required reading for all swingmillers and everyone else too
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!