iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peterson Demo Day ...With A Real Peterson Guy

Started by Burlkraft, April 09, 2007, 09:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Quote from: johncinquo on April 11, 2007, 01:43:00 PM
About 4 1/2 hours if I take the cycle and avoid the radar. 

I'd like ta see that today.... ;D ;D  It's not snowing down, it's snowing from west to east at about 40 mph...... >:( >:( >:(

Kinda like the picture of the polar bear in a snowstorm....White out.... >:( >:( >:(
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pasbuild

SSSSSSOOOo if ya saw a hitchhiker with a FF hat on up in da UP would ya pick um up????`
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Furby

John, ya need to add at least an hour to that time if ya are going down and around, maybe more. That time is only good if you head through in the dead of night, trust me on this. ;)

Any chance the slabber could be updated to take my 72" bar ??? ;D

Corley5

Quote from: pasbuild on April 11, 2007, 05:53:01 PM
SSSSSSOOOo if ya saw a hitchhiker with a FF hat on up in da UP would ya pick um up????`

That could be arranged  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Steve could use that bar! He needs a cookie. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

TexasTimbers

I offered to send Helga but he said she would not like the foot of snow they just got. Heck she is from one of the coldest places on earth what's he tinkin?
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Burlkraft

Is she Swedish or Japanese..... ???  ???  ???

Burlkraft

Corley...being the voice of reason..... :D :D.....Thinks we might be better off talkin' him inta a slab er two..... ;) ;) ;)

Might hafta cut a lot off da end ta git past da checks.....  ;D ;D ;D

johncinquo

Any camping nearby?  Definetly not taking the cycle.  We bought a camper last year and have had it out once so far.  I've been given the "that sounds like fun" go ahead to look into coming over and camping out.  I have a feeling the heater will be getting a thorough workout! 

Will be coming round the bottom from Mid W MI.  We have a spare seat, and room in the truck bed for gear, is someone wants to ride along and camp out there.  Your on your own once we get there.  I sing in the car too, but that shouldnt stop ya!
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Burlkraft

There's camping around...If you search the Wi. DNR site there should be a list of parks. I know there is one around the village of McFarland....Not too far from the site. The site is on the east side of Madison, near the Interstate...if that helps  ::) ::) ::)

I'm not much of a camper.....

Burlkraft

I got the crane all lined up fer next week ta come set her in da parking lot... ;D ;D ;D

The Dawes facility is just up da street and we happened to have 2 of their trucks in da shop yesterday  ;D  ;D  ;D

I told them if they was easy on me...I'd be easy on dem.... ;) ;) ;)

I'm thinkin' I'm gonna use 6 X 6's ta bunk it with...the closer ta da ground da better.... ;D  ;D  ;D

Jeff

How high do you think yer going to have to block the mill?

Fred

Is this in a busy part of the city? I would like to come but im not a city person/ driver.
Baker 18M
Woodmaster 718 Planer/ molder

Fred

Baker 18M

Burlkraft

Hey Fred,

This ain't too bad...It's close to the interstate on the east side of town. There's a little city drivin' but it's not bad on Saturday and it's Madison not Chicago  :D  :D

Burlkraft

Quote from: Jeff B on April 13, 2007, 09:27:17 AM
How high do you think yer going to have to block the mill?

I'm hopin' only a couple a feet er so.....We'll see when I get her set in da lot....

You do know dat YOU are cuttin' the top slab off...Dontcha   ???   ???   ???

Anybody that's comin' and has antique loggin' tools...... bring 'em along fer da picture... ;D  ;D  ;D

Fred

Thanks I am planning to be there. looking forward to helping and meeting you all.
   Fred
Baker 18M

Jeff

I dont know if there is any help for us Fred, but it'll be a pleasure to meet. :)

Part_Timer

Burlkraft

When you block the mill up make sure that you can slide it side to side a bit on the cribbing.  With as wide as that thing is I don't think your going to be able to make the right side cut without moving it a bit.
Just a thought, I think I thunk of. :)
Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Furby

Jeff

stumpy

Hey Steve,  As long as I'm brigin the trailer, should I bring the skidsteer with forks for moving the slabs around?
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Burlkraft

Sure.......That way if we gotta move sumpthin' big we'll have my tractor too..... ;D ;D

Jeff

Quote from: Burlkraft on April 13, 2007, 10:51:40 PM
Sure.......That way if we gotta move sumpthin' big we'll have my tractor too..... ;D ;D

You better not be talkin bout me... >:( ;)

ex-Engineer Wannabe

Just did a search on the following address:

4430 Helgesen Dr
Madison, WI 53718-6700

1154 miles just might[/b] be pushing it somewhat. ;)  Sorry I won't be there, but it'll be great to read about how everything went. :P

By the way, great shot of your skidder, Corley5. :)
"Measure twice, cut once" -- Don't know who coined this one, but he was pretty wise.

Thank You Sponsors!