iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

RYOBI 18" Gas Chainsaw w/ 2-Cycle, 46-cc Engine--$104.99 Shipped

Started by DouginUtah, August 25, 2012, 12:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DouginUtah

RYOBI 18" Gas Chainsaw w/ 2-Cycle, 46-cc Engine, Primer Bulb & Anti-Vibration Handle!

http://1saleaday.com/
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

sawguy21

And when it dies, kiss 105 bucks good bye and get a real saw. I deal with Homelite products every day.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Caloren

Made a mistake a few years ago - bought a homelite! What a piece of junk.
Loren
Stihl MS 170, Stihl MS 310, Stihl 028 AV Super, and half a dozen other no-accounts! Cat D4 D.

DouginUtah

Quote from: tyb525 on August 25, 2012, 01:20:26 PM
What is the purpose of this post? :)

Not everyone needs or wants a "pro" saw. A $180 saw for $100 is a good deal. For those who call it junk what would you recommend for $100?
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

tyb525

I'd recommend a good used smaller pro saw. They are much more serviceable and better quality.
If you had a use for a chainsaw for your whole practical life, even if it was occasional, would you rather have to replace it 5 times (buy a $100 saw 5 times) or a pro saw less than $500 one time?

No offense intended by my question, just was wondering if you were posting this as a joke or legitimately.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

shelbycharger400

It will work for 8 to 10 in dia trees, but It wont last if you heat with wood. I have a 38 cc saw that is mostly for cutting brush 18 in bar just so I dont have to bend over as far, a 50 cc  with a 16 in bar , 60 cc with a 20 in bar ,  a 63 cc with a 16 and now a 32 in bar.
46 cc... trimmer and brush saw.  nough said!

Thank You Sponsors!