iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logmaster technical information

Started by boscojmb, October 27, 2017, 06:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boscojmb

A while back one of my guide rollers stopped turning. It wore a little flat spot on the roller before I noticed it.

At first I figured I would have to buy a new set of rollers.

I removed the end cap and pressed the roller assembly apart.

The roller turned out to be soft enough to machined. I trued it up in the lathe, and re assembled it with new bearings ad a new end cap.

My mill is a Logmaster LM-4. I'm not sure what other models use the same rollers.

The bearings are a 6304
The end cap is a Doorman 555-048 core plug fitted with a grease fitting and needs to be installed backwards. :-\
I would get a whole box of core plugs. I destroyed 4 of them before I got the hang of pressing them in backwards.

If anyone else has Logmaster technical information or part numbers feel free to add it to this thread.

John B.

Log-Master LM4

bandmiller2

Good info John. Most all of the band mill manufactures are small companys  and other than welded assemblies everything is available on the open market you just need to know where to look. Just for chuckles next time you need to replace bearings try double sealed with no grease fittings. The bearings are about the same as used in automotive belt idler pulleys and think of the long life they enjoy. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

delvis

I don't like greaseable bearings because it's too easy to over grease them and make them overheat and wear out too fast.  Sealed bearings are the way to go.
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

Thank You Sponsors!