iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cheap Cheap Cheap

Started by Jeff, May 25, 2016, 07:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

That's me, and sometimes I pay for it. Like this morning.  For our little patio out by the cabin (Fondly referred to here as the Bio-Mizer Memorial)(search is your friend), I used simple stone for the patio surface. I Like it because I like stones. Well, that choice showed that it might not have been the best.  Last week, someone forgot to put the umbrella down in the 40" by 68" glass top table. The wind caught it and shattered the glass into the stones. Talk about a mess!   I spent 3 hours this morning cleaning safety glass out of the stones. I ended up trowing out about 20 gallon of stone to get all the glass out.

So, Tammy needs a new table.  I said before, I'm cheap. CHEAP. So, I went out and found a 2 year old cedar log and sawed out a top for this one.  I put it together, including a couple of metal pieces I had saved from the mounting brackets for an old dresser mirror. Those are used to keep my cedar top board ends together.

Then I did something else Cheap. I used the slabs from the cedar log to redo the little flower garden that used to be attached to the little barn before I moved that.  I'm lazy too, so I didn't want to move all the plants, so I built a slab wall around em. 

All in all, I guess cheap won today. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Chuck White

Looks really nice, Jeff!   ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Looked innovative to me, and I did notice Scooter's sign.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

And the post is a place to sit.  :)

Logger RK

coxy

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Now you're giving me some ideas.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

starmac

Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Ianab

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 25, 2016, 10:44:58 PM

Yeah, that's not Cheap, that's a $300 hand crafted table top there  ;) :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

scgargoyle

The mistake you made was havin' that fancy-pants high falutin' glass table top in the first place! I won't have a table that I can't work on a transmission on (between meals, of course!) Now you have a sensible (and much better looking) table that won't cause you misery the next time the wind blows! :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

coxy

jeff can or do you know anyone out your way that will engrave stone for you cheap  :) if so let me know a month before if your coming to the logger show that's all I can tell you for now :-X :-X :D

sandsawmill14

a little bad luck turned into a very nice table :) good job smiley_thumbsup
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Hilltop366

Nice work, I thought you were starting a chicken farm after reading the thread title. ;D

Jeff

loggah

Jeff, Nothing wrong with those innovative projects !!!! I got a couple sets of old dozer tracks laying around and they are going to be raised garden sides pretty soon. :) never have to replace them.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

21incher

Looks like a very expensive top to me. You are not cheap, just creative. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ianab on May 25, 2016, 11:56:00 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 25, 2016, 10:44:58 PM

Yeah, that's not Cheap, that's a $300 hand crafted table top there  ;) :D

S O L D  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!