iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone out there own a laser?

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, September 26, 2013, 07:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Well I may be crazy, but I think I am eyeing up another tool purchase. Mrs. Beaver is asking for a laser engraving system to both engrave her woodworking items and also expand into etching of acrylics, wine glasses, awards, plaques,...pretty much anything you can imagine right down to business cards made out of thin baltic plywood.

Went to go look at one tonight and have to say I was pretty impressed with what the fellow showed us it could do and how quick it could do it.

Anyone out there on the forum have one? The one I am looking at is the 24 inch capacity Epilog with rotary fixture option for doing round shaped objects as well.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

justallan1

I've never used one and can only give ideas as to what you can do with it, but the shop in Sacramento that I worked for had one and it was great what they could do with it. The shop made paintball guns, accessories for them and regulators for anything and everything and they engraved everything with their name, the logo or the specific name of the part. You can engrave anything that you can draw, scan or copy on pretty much anything plastic, wood, glass, nickel, and anything painted or anodized.
Another handy trick was using it for making any shipping cartons out of cardboard. You would set it for cutting through for the final shape and halfway through for your bends. They would also make seals and O-rings for non-critical applications out of rubber.
I just wanted to cut a pizza with it. ;D

Allan

Thank You Sponsors!