iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

JFK newspaper

Started by bigred1951, March 08, 2018, 09:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred1951

My father in law found an old newspaper his mom had stashed away. Dated November 22 1963. From Dayton Ohio. Front page was jfk assassinated and something about Johnson taking over. He was wondering how much it might be worth if anyone might have any idea. The paper looks to be in good shape. A little yellowed from ago but not all tore up.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Some are asking $250 on Ebay.
You can find them for sale for $25.00 in other places.
I think there are a good many of these newspapers still around.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bigred1951

I didn't think it be worth much. Probably worth more as a keep sake then anything.

terrifictimbersllc

Something else of note happened on Nov 22, 1963.  Anyone know?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Jeff

We like to go to antique shops and we see them all the time.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

Jeff,

When you go to antique shops do the owners ever make Tammy an offer for you? (Sorry, the devil made me say that. ;D)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

21incher

I still have that paper and the paper from the first moon landing packed away in my childhood memory box. My dad and I were about 5 feet away from him at a campaign rally at Demaski Park in Oneonta N.Y.  when I was very young and I was heartbroken when he was shot. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

Quote from: chet on March 08, 2018, 11:25:54 PM
Quote from: Jeff on March 08, 2018, 11:12:54 PM
Not so far.
Maybe if Wildflower polished ya up.   ;D
Coming from you, I'm sure you meant to capitalize Polished. :D

Dave Shepard

:D

How did it makes the paper the day of the assassination? Was there an evening edition?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

michigander II

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on March 08, 2018, 09:46:57 PM
Something else of note happened on Nov 22, 1963.  Anyone know?
The Beatles second album, was released!

terrifictimbersllc

Learned something new there. It was also PM to me that all this Huxley died that day. Learnt that too.

I'm thinking of something else.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!