iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cooks AC36 production numbers?

Started by JB Griffin, July 28, 2017, 10:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake

Banjo
If you leave the head in one place and run the setworks through a few cycles does it still blink off or only when the head is traveling.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

kelLOGg

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 03, 2017, 06:35:34 PM
Do any folks that work at Cooks read the forum ?

They are in the "Sponsor News" but there are very few posts from FF members or Cooks. I emailed them about not seeing enough responses from Cooks but ... no change. They make nice rugged products but apparently don't see the need to promote them to the forum members.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Banjo picker

Steve i will check that.  I want to say it blinks off when the mill is traveling forward, but i will look at it to be sure.

I think i was probably instrumental in getting Cooks to sign up here as a sponsor.   Tim Cook personally delivered my mill and i told him what a great site this was, and that most people who were going to buy a mill are going to find this site and ask about the different mills.  Where that had an effect or not...i cant say, but they became sponsors shortly thereafter.   I agree with Bob about them making a super tough mill. Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Bruno of NH

I think its great when a sponsor interacts with the FF .
I like to hear what they have to say  :)
I'm thinking about one of the Cooks extra wide cut mills
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

ladylake

Quote from: Banjo picker on August 04, 2017, 08:13:02 AM
Steve i will check that.  I want to say it blinks off when the mill is traveling forward, but i will look at it to be sure.

I think i was probably instrumental in getting Cooks to sign up here as a sponsor.   Tim Cook personally delivered my mill and i told him what a great site this was, and that most people who were going to buy a mill are going to find this site and ask about the different mills.  Where that had an effect or not...i cant say, but they became sponsors shortly thereafter.   I agree with Bob about them making a super tough mill. Banjo

Banjo   If it works good sitting still I'd try running a extra ground wire grounded to the head, the post, the engine, the mill frame and the swing out controls.  It might be trying to ground through the roller wheels and losing contact. Anything is worth trying.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Banjo picker

I gave the mill a quick check this afternoon.  It will blink off when its setting still and not using any hydraulic feature.  It comes right back on, but thats no good as it would have to be reset.  When I first started it up, it stayed on for a couple of minutes....I began to move the guide arm in and out and turn on the debarker, raise the head up and down and it started blinking on and off.  Then it would blink on and off when nothing was being done at all.  Tomorrow I am going to just crank it and not move any control and see if it starts blinking.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

ladylake

To check the ground easy with out the head moving find a good ground on the head and frame and hook up a good pair of jumper cables.  Also if it stays on for a few minutes and then acts up it could be something like a resistor in the power supply heating up. My B20 had a little chip or resistor in the wiring harness that fed power to the computer, when it goes bad the display on the compter would fade out or get real dim and sometimes it would lose its set. I bypassed that little chip and put in a 1/2 amp fuse to protect the computer from a power surge about 2 years ago , no more fading display and the setworks work great.  Steve

CooksSaw

Banjo,

Troubleshooting electrical bugs can drive anyone nuts.
Just shoot an email to shannon@cookssaw.com along with your phone number and let him know the best time to give you a call and we'll get you taken care of.

James
Leaders In Bandsaw Technology!
Your source for Portable Sawmills, Board Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Band Blades, and Parts
Visit us at Portable Sawmill parts and bandsaw blades from Cook's Saw or call 1-800-473-4804
Email: james@cookssaw.com

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Banjo picker

I will do that, thank you.  Banjo

slaghunter

Banjo
Any resolution to your problem from the Cook's people?  I like a lot of features that Cook's offer but would not want to sign up for computer troubles from day one with no support from the manufacturer.

Banjo picker

After I gave it a close look, I found a wire down under the bottom that looked like it had been chewed into by an animal of some kind.  And to be honest I have been either too busy sawing to make the repair or its been just too cold.  And right now I am dealing with trying to get a couple medical issues resolved before I lose my insurance at the end of March as I am retiring from the Mississippi Dept. of Transportation.  I had a basal cell cancer cut off my cheek yesterday and as soon as that heals up I am having my nasal passage looked at to see if they can help get me any more air in there without having to work at it so hard.  I will give Cooks a call when I have the time to devote to getting the problem fixed, and I feel sure that they will be helpful in doing so.  I normally use the scale anyway, unless I am having to cut some "not so normal" dimension lumber.  But I do intend to get the computer fixed when I have the time. When I give them a call, I want to be able to stay with it untill we get it worked out, and right now I just dont have time to do a repair that can wait. It worked great when we first got the mill and my son Bobby was running it.  I am sure it will again.  Banjo

Cactus Mountain Mill

I sure wish I could find a like new Cook AC3667T Sawmill or a Baker 3674D for sale.

Walnut Beast

The Baker 3674 has some updated setworks last time I checked. 36" wide cut with 74 hp diesel I would say most would be smiling with it

tacks Y

Quote from: Cactus Mountain Mill on April 21, 2022, 01:17:13 AM

I sure wish I could find a like new Cook AC3667T Sawmill or a Baker 3674D for sale.
A baker 3665D 2019 just sold at auction last week for 75k 3-4k hours. There is an auction in Oh with some mills.

Thank You Sponsors!