iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

GB out of business

Started by logger444, September 03, 2009, 12:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logger444

i just heard GB chainsaw bar company (australia)has gone out of business and was bought up by stens. Anybody else heard this?

Meadows Miller

Gday Logger

Ill give Em a call tomorow they are only about 1 1/2 hours from me  ;) and get it strait from the horses mouth for you Mate  ;) ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

inspectorwoody

Here is what I've found:

1 September 2009

Dear Valued Customer

GB MANUFACTURING PTY LTD

With great pleasure, I write to advise that our new company, GB Manufacturing has now been running successfully for over 7 months.
The birth of this new company has allowed the experienced staff at GB to implement a number of changes which have driven significant and positive improvement in our day to day operations. These changes have been designed to ensure we meet a number of challenges aimed at improving our overall service commitment to you, our highly valued customer.

These changes and improvements include:

   Establishment of a new state of the art manufacturing plant in China which has been designed with a heavy focus on quality, innovation and efficiency.

   The ability to ship direct to you from our new plant in China as well as from our existing plant in Melbourne Australia.

   A comprehensive hands on approach by myself to the design, production and quality adherence of GB's superior bars, sprockets, and chain

   Appointment of Karen Quinn, a highly experienced Customer Service Manager who is charged with the responsibility of improving customer service, communication, marketing and overall order management.

   A revised and improved product range which has been fine tuned to  eliminate duplication and ensure that our range meets the needs of all our valued customers

   A revised and improved pricing schedule, custom designed to suit your specific needs and provide value for money pricing with appropriate discounts for large volume orders.

   A commitment to regular communications including production of a professional catalogue along with quarterly updates detailing new products and special offers.

Some of the above mentioned changes and improvements are still at early implementation stage and this letter serves as the first in what we hope will be an ongoing line of communication to you.

In coming months, we will write to you again to ensure that you have a copy of our most recent price list along with a brochure outlining any new product offerings and some special deals to tempt you.

We are also delighted to advise that we will be attending the forthcoming Expo Green Trade show in Bologna Italy on the 11th to the 13th of September. At that time, we will have a number of specials available and will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. We very much hope to see you there.

GB is also thrilled to announce that we are currently developing some exciting new products for launch during 2009 and 2010. The first of these is a complete new range of Nylon line designed to suit every application. The new line will be available in October 2009.
This will be followed by a complete new range of Saw Chain which we expect to launch in early 2010. Harvester chains will also be ready for sale at the end of 2010. 

I have enclosed a copy of a new flyer which summarises our current product range and the philosophies we have introduced to refine and improve our offerings.

If you have ordered with us recently, we thank you for your ongoing support and encourage you to maintain what we hope will remain a productive and professional business relationship.

If you have not ordered from us recently, we hope you will be encouraged to get back in touch with us in the knowledge that our new business will be able to deliver the same quality GB products you are accustomed to, along with vastly improved service standards. 

We trust that these initiatives and changes will reflect in a noticeably improved service which will enable you to continue reaping the benefits of both purchasing and using quality GB Manufacturing products.

To contact us, please send an e-mail to gbcustomercare@gbbar.com.au .
We look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Tom Beerens
President - GB International Pty Ltd
+61 3 9300-5555
+61 3 9312-1207

logger444

Chinese sawbars? no thanks. they might as well go out of business. Chinese steel is like an M&M candy. Hard on the outside and soft in the middle. CU LATER GB!

Kevin

China, quality, innovation, efficiency.

One of the words above doesn't belong with the rest.

olyman

i DONT like anything made in china. that said--story. ever hear of scat crankshafts??? they are for drag racers, and toilet bowl racers. can get a raw crank,mains cut,rods cut, however. made in china-yup!! now, before you flip, get this. in all the time these have been produced, and im around racers, none have ever broke, or cracked. serious. why???? because in china, you can have that crank poured at any quality level you want it, for a price. and from start on, they had them made out of good quality material, and had the china boys check for defects, and paid for it. the problem is not the american co's so much, as i see it. as the non taxing of that stuff coming into this country. my own opinion

Chico

They will break I got a 3000 dollar boat anchor because of one I'm one of those "toilet bowl" racers you speak(regretably rt now with this economy I'm not racing at all) of I take you're a strait liner or other They are good pcs IF you use them as they were designed But you need to have them checked Most big builders just buy cores and do it all them selves It may not be the steel It may be the prep work I twisted the crap out of mine for a couple of yrs and know of some with 4 yrs still cranking it out Alot of your American co.s are using their blanks doing the machine work and stamping their name on them
Chico
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

wi woodcutter

2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

Meadows Miller

Gday

Ill be sticking with GB  Its still Australian Owned ;) Its all a Price thing and a lot of bigger co's Cummings is one  ;) most of their motors are built there  and that id have no dramas buying one of them either As long as the quality controls inplace  which it is most of the time apart from the cheap n nasty throwaway items which i dont buy meself  ;)

Unfortunitly the world seems to be full of Terry Ta's ha want everything on the cheap But also Want High Wages and as we all know we have to go with the flow  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!