Sponsors:

Doh!

Started by Jeff, May 31, 2020, 10:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

One of my favorite movie quotes too.

Endeavor to Persevere - YouTube
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

K-Guy

I prefer Chuck Norris's " If I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you!"  :D
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Jeff on June 01, 2020, 10:19:37 AM
One of my favorite movie quotes too.
One of the world's all time great movies too.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

crowhill

Doesn't that wire in it just like in concrete, make for a stronger beam?!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

Resonator

I hope sawing that wire didn't wreck the antique vintage blade that came with the mill.  ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

ellmoe

Dxxx , for all these years.... ::)
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

WDH

"Elk don't know how many feet a horse have."  Bearclaw Grizzer.  Jeremiah Johnson. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

K-Guy

Quote from: WDH on June 02, 2020, 07:13:05 AM"Elk don't know how many feet a horse have."  Bearclaw Grizzer.  Jeremiah Johnson. 

A longtime favorite. I have lost count of how many times I've watched it. Another is Mountain Men with Charelton Heston and Brian Keith. The best quote in this one is " Lost? I've never been lost, a might confused for a couple of moths but never lost"

I've used a modified version of this over the years.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: WDH on June 02, 2020, 07:13:05 AM
"Elk don't know how many feet a horse have."  Bearclaw Grizzer.  Jeremiah Johnson.  
Also famous for his sage advice - "Skin him, pilgrim" 

I also like the parts with Del Gue (Stephan Gierasch) where he first says "I got a fine horse I'm sitting on under me" and the ever famous "How was I to know they'd be flatheads".
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

terrifictimbersllc

I'm so hungry I could eat a frozen dog.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!