iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hi-Flow air filter for 066

Started by J Beyer, December 17, 2002, 03:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Beyer

Nice touch with the smileys with Santa hats!

Anyhooo, what changes to the carb settings would be needed if I switch to the hi-flow air filter for the 066 such as the one in Bailey's?  Any other sources for filters besides Bailey's?  Kind of would like a K&N filter if there is one.

JB

"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

Minnesota_boy

I don't think you will need any change to the setting as the mixture should remain the same, just a larger charge will get to the cyclinder.  If anything you may want to richen the high mixture just a tad to avoid burning a piston.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

J Beyer

That was my thinking on the mixture.  Richen the high speed just a tad.  Needs adjusting anyway to keep the idle going.

By the way, any ideas on how much of a power increase I could expect?  Would a max of .5hp be reaseonable?

JB
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

Tillaway

That is the usual air filter used out here, in fact you can't buy one without it.  The filter won't make that big of diference, but it will do a much better job of keeping the air clean.  
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

SawInIt CA

I put one on my 460 (holeshot) and there was a noticable difference but certainly not an extreme change. Tillaway hit it....your saw will last longer.

Thank You Sponsors!