iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what has to happan to get your job shut down

Started by timberjack97, August 12, 2013, 05:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack97

I  m  having  a  problem  on  my  logging  job   the  forester   told  me  I m  not aloud  to  work there  anymore   over  5 loads  of pulp  that he said  I  didn't pay  for . he said my contract is canceled  because of that  is  that legal for  him  to  do  that ?

beenthere

Tell us more, as you surely have some inkling what this is about.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

timberjack97

it states in my contact pulp wood is to be paid every 2 weeks  which  I  have done    out  of like  50 loads  there trying to say there is  5 loads I didn't pay  for  and that I broke my contract to them  I  don't think they can just shut me down if they want to  I need some info   on this subject I ve never been shut down in 20 years of working

CCC4

Hmmm... you sure there isn't anything else going wrong? For us, when we cut a FS job, contracts are made with the buyer also. The buyer holds out the percentages, knows the load counts and knows the projected # of loads expected to come from the tract. I have heard of people having there contract severed by FS but it is usually for other reasons. Not saying you have done something wrong...but something has happened.

timberjack97

no   sir   my  block payments  are paid up to date as  well   how  can they just shut me down with a contract could till next summer  is  that legal what they are doing?

CCC4

I know on FS jobs they can shut you down for several things. Ruts, skint leave trees, high stumps, did I say ruts??? I figure they have the authority to do whatever they want.

timberjack97

its  not  and FS  job  its a indepent    forsters  job     

1270d

You should have a copy of the contract.  If you violated part of that contract, and the penalty expressed in the contract is closing the job down......   you signed it right?

WDH

You need to find out why he is saying that you defrauded him on five loads.  If you say that you paid for all loads, you have a right to see his evidence that you did not pay. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

timberjack97

it   says  nothing  in my contract about  shutting down the job  all  id says in case of a dispute it goes to aribitrations     to   settle the dispute

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

You got a lawyer  ???  If not now's a good time to get one  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

timberjack97

SwampDonkey

Whose been scaling the loads? Were they scaled at the yard and then compared to a mill scale, and are the scale specs the same? Here, we have a Scalers Act and certified scalers and a book a scaling rules. Also, find out if his load tally is based on a cruise of the stands. If so, then compared to scale slips, then this method will not hold up. No insurance company will insure a cruise tally against actual yield. A cruise is an estimate only. Seems to me there has to be some kind of evidence at play. Also consider that there is sometimes a 3rd party involved taking wood on weekends when everyone that is suppose to be on the job site is home for the weekend.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

Being negligent to the payment terms or other terms of the contract will usually shut you down until the wood is paid for or the action is corrected. But if you have records that you have paid for the wood and are in dispute with the timber seller or his agent, the forester, on this point; then you can appeal the shut down and go to arbitration, but best to have the advice of your attorney to evaluate the shut down action of the forester.

There seems to be a misunderstanding somewhere in the volume determinations and how the wood is to be paid for and who is scaling the wood and where?
~Ron

timberjack97

the  forester  scaled  the  job   I bid on it  I was the high  bid   and  they   want  all the pulp wood paid for  by  the  ton  in spite of the  saw log bid 

Vance in AK

And you have been paying for all the pulpwood by the ton?

timberjack97

SwampDonkey

Sounds like your basing scale on an estimate in tree form.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

giant splinter

Who do you have hauling it and is there a possibility that the 10% of your loads are being diverted and not arriving at the actual mill?, any possibility that the load count is incorrect?, one out of every ten loads can be difficult to check after the fact and without proper scaling on both ends and signed load tickets, seems like his evidence is weak or at least vague so what is he backing it up with?. Are we missing any details here? something is missing from the equation.
If you have hauled off 50 loads, 5 are unaccounted for and the forester is asking you to stop due to a breach of contract I would think he needs to have to support his argument with some facts or hard evidence prior to a request to vacate.
If you are paying $4.00 per ton and hauling +/_ 40 tons per load, your dragging less than a thousand dollars worth of payment, what the heck is all the drama over ------ pay it and get back to work.
I still have to wonder about the details you have shared and what is missing in all this info.

roll with it

timberjack97

i tried to  pay  it  and they wont   let  me  they said my contract is terimated  how can they do that?

submarinesailor

WH_Conley

I guess you are paying the stumpage on the mill weight? Is the forester taking his estimate as exact and claiming you are short because the mill weight comes up different? I would demand proof of wrong doing. I also would not offer to pay if I was being honest and in the right. Sounds like lawyer time. If the facts are as you say you should be eligible for compensation for lost work. You will have to prove you are being honest.

As was said earlier, could a trucker have mismarked a load?
Bill

giant splinter

Quote from: timberjack97 on August 14, 2013, 09:39:27 AM
i tried to  pay  it  and they wont   let  me  they said my contract is terimated

I think the question was already asked if you have a copy of your contract, read and understand it and followed it as close as possible. So when you ask "how can they do that?" it occurs to me that someone/somehow must have called your attention to the delinquent 5 load pulp load payment. As I look back through this post I see a great deal of sound advice along with some very strong questions about your involvement and position in this matter.
Best thing I can offer is you may want to offer your experience and questions to your Lawyer for review and go with his advice.
Terminated is an interesting choice of words in this case. What will arbitration accomplish? do they want to address the $800.00 bill that is in question? or are they interested in taking on a lawsuit over your loss of anticipated profit due to their running you off of the jobsite, if you have not already agreed to arbitration.
Have a chat with your lawyer and go with his advice, they know what works and make it happen.

Timberjack97 I hope you work it out... best of luck on this one, we will be pulling for you.
roll with it

timberjack97

thank you guys  for all your support I meet with my lawyer  tommrow   I was always tols the to shut you down the way they shut me down  is that you need a court  order or the sheriff to stop you   I ll I got was a typed letterfrom the forester stating  the contract  is canceled  due to  non payment on those pulp loads  it wasn't even sighned by any one how can that be legal?

Thank You Sponsors!