iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need Advice Please.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 11, 2013, 08:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If ya think about it, just because you've fell, bucked and limbed trees all your life does not mean you know about chainsaws. :)
Well....this is me.
I have a Husq.365 special. I have run an 18 inch bar with a regular chain for years.
I just took and shot in the dark and ordered and put on today, a 24" Oregon bar with a skip tooth chain.
My saw now cuts White Oaks like hot butter.
Question? Is this the longest bar I can use, using a skip chain or is my saw rated for a longer one?

Thanks Guys!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Shepard

That is probably the sweet spot for that saw. I have a Husky 66, and I have run full comp 32" in oak. It cut it, but it should have had skip chain. The issue is how much do you want to push the limit? If you take your time, it will run a longer bar, and if you don't do it that often, then I think it's ok. If you are going to do a lot of work with a longer bar, especially if you are going to rip big ugly things that happen to show up in your yard a lot, then I'd look for something pushing 100cc's, or bigger. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thanks Dave. I was just curious. I'm happy with the way it is....but you know how country boys are.....how far can I push it.  :D

I appreciate your reply!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawguy21

I agree with Dave. The 24" is well matched to the saw's power and is easy to handle. It will handle a bigger bar with skip tooth but if you regularly need that much more power is in order. It does not like to lug.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!