iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rycycled stuff for the pigroast

Started by Jeff, July 24, 2012, 04:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I don't know if anyone remembers it, and I can't find a photo of it, but at the 2006 pigroast, our icetable for salads and stuff was a stand I made of cedar that held an 8 foot long half of a hollow log. We put ice in that and then sat the salads in the ice.  It worked okay, but was too small, so it was taken out of commission and has sat behind the barn since.

Today I decided I needed another bench for the bonfire area, so while surveying my stash of cedar, I spotted it and put it to use. I dug into my supply of old boards, grabbed the chainsaw and the screw gun and within an hour or so, Tammy and I had created a new bench.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Woodchuck53

That'l work. Looks nice and reuse is the way to go. Sorry i want make it Jeff. Maybe next year.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

okmulch

I will definitely have to try it out in a couple weeks! Looks nice!
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Here I go.....copy and paste to my file. This is a really nice country bench considering you through it together with a chain saw and a nail/screw or two.  :)

I'l be building me a few from your design Jeff.

It looks like one of those benches folks sit on when they eat ice cream.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave VH

I cut it twice and it's still too short

Jeff

Yes! I found a Photo of the original pigroast contraption (That is what the topic was named it was in) :)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,26694.0.html

Magicman

I'm gonna sit on that bench for sure, and maybe even eat ice cream.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 24, 2012, 05:12:37 PM

You can count on it  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

MM, would that be a LARGE bowl of blueberry ice cream? bg

Magicman

After we have pigged out on pig, then comes the Ice Cream Ladies.  By that time, LARGE won't matter.   cone_1
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

martyinmi

Quote from: Magicman on July 24, 2012, 07:55:32 PM
I'm gonna sit on that bench for sure, and maybe even eat ice cream.   :)
I'm gonna sit right next to you on that bench and go over the "Basic Drivers Education" handbook with you Lynn! :P :D

Just last week I backed my pick-up into a TJ-435 New Holland tractor(50,000 lb tractor)! :-[ You'll be helping me more than I'd be helping you!

No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on July 24, 2012, 09:24:46 PM
After we have pigged out on pig, then comes the Ice Cream Ladies.  By that time, LARGE won't matter.   cone_1

Will there be "TUMS and ROLAIDS" provided?  smiley_sick

js2743

awesome bench jeff, just make sure the camper parking is no where near it.  :D

OneWithWood

With everyone lining up for a seat on the new bench there ought to be plenty of room on the cabin porch...closer to the food and all
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Magicman

I have already practiced up so that I can sit on the bench and eat a gallon of Blueberry Ice Cream.   :)

Jeff

We already know you can't hold a gallon. ;)

Jeff

Anybody know where I can get a parking meter?  ;D

Kansas

That would be a good forestry forum challenge. Who can show up with a parking meter? Surely someone is going through Detroit or somewhere getting to your place. Just have them pick up a couple.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on July 25, 2012, 07:29:38 PM
Anybody know where I can get a parking meter?  ;D

You Rang?
* Note from Moderator, craigslist ads may not be posted. 

WDH

David,

Look what you started....Now there will be 47 pictures of people eating ice cream on that bench posted on the Pig Roast Thread  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

smiley_paparazzi

cone_1

Jeff

I started last night on a new recycle project. Not sure yet how it is going to turn out.  I started out with one of the swings below:
G

THey are many years old now, and the fabric on them is completely rotten on one of them. While trying to figure out what to do with it, we found that yellow jackets had taken up residence within the upholstery. After eliminating that problem, we discovered, that the Chinese fellow that built this thing, actually used the upholstery as part of the support structure of the seat. One that is gone, there are only a few flimsy rods to hold it together. Tammy priced material to redo it, and it would have cost more than what the swing was new.

So... I've dug into my new supply of Tamarack and started to try and recycle it, using just the base frame.  I'm in resting at the moment and thought I'd post what I have so far. So far I've not had to spend a dime on it. I've found carriage bolts and other odds and ends I've needed in my coffee cans. I do think I'll have to buy some screws to put the final slats on though. All I have are drywall screws that might work, and that would be a waste of time being outdoors.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It always made me feel good to take "nothing" and make "something".

The good part is, when you get finished, it'll probably be better than when the Chinese guy got finished with it!  :)

SwampDonkey

Quote from: WDH on July 24, 2012, 09:09:15 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 24, 2012, 05:12:37 PM

You can count on it  ;D.

You guys had it all eaten before I got a lick last time.  :-\ ::)

Nice looking bench. Just in case, I threw my fold up chair in the car. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Well, its not as cozy as the original china man version, but this one, came from trees that we grew at the cabin, whose logs that I cut last fall from which Lumber that Burlkraft and Kevin and I sawed out on Steve's Wood-Mizer this spring and that I resawed on my 26 year old LT30 last night. I think it should work just fine for sitting down with a plate of food by the bonfire. :)

Thank You Sponsors!