iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dozer undercarriage rebuild

Started by hackberry jake, July 29, 2012, 09:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

I thought I would show you guys some pics on how I got my hub true before I welded the new sprocket rim on.

Heres how it came out. 

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

beenthere

Must be a story that leads up to this 'fix'.   ::)

I apparently missed it, but the repair looks interesting and it hopefully will work. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Did you run the dozer at a slow idle to turn the axle?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

What kind of dozer? Why not just replace the entire sprocket?

Looks like pyramid swamp pads laying on the ground, what do you use the machine for?

mrcaptainbob

Any pics of how you trued up the sprocket? Is the sprocket from the same dozer or a donor? And....what IS the story of why you needed to do that?  :)

hackberry jake

It's a komatsu d20p-6 . The chain and sprocket had worn out so we bought new sprocket rims. It's common practice on those to just replace the outside part of the sprocket. The rim comes cast so it's close enough to true already. And the dozer was in high gear spinning the hub.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Weekend_Sawyer

Wow, that dozer has been in the muck!  :o

You took shade tree mechanics to a new level Jake!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Al_Smith

Interesting method ,ingenious to say the least .

When Surplus Equipment  from Fargo ND was in business they sold a product called Dakota sprocket cups you just weld in place on the old sprockets .

Whatever happened to that company I have no idea or in fact if anybody makes those repair parts any more .

clww

I agree with Al:  Ingenious!  ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!