iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PC Advice

Started by Woodcarver, October 16, 2008, 11:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

Keep in mind that getting viruses isn't (usually) because of the quality of the computer. It has to do with the quality of the virus software you have, if any. My sister has also had bad luck with Acer. The plug on the power cord is going bad. All of the extra Acer "performance" programs just made it run real slow. I uninstalled all of the acer software, defragged, installed AVG, and it runs great now.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

clearcut

To get back to the original question 32 or 64 bit - Leopard, the current Macintosh OS is 64 bit compatible and the Mac Pro machines have 64 bit processors. So if you want a true 64 bit computer with a stable 64 bit operating system Mac seems the way to go.

Yeah, I am a Mac fan and have no hesitations recommending them. When you compare hardware to hardware the Mac comes up just a bit higher in price and often about equal depending on configuration. One exception, Apple installed RAM is ridiculously expensive.

When you compare Operating Systems - for me the Mac OS X is so far superior to Windows 2000 or XP (I have not tried Vista) there is no contest. The Mac OS just works, and works well. I get to work WITH my computer rather than work ON my computer. 

Unless you have a specific application that you must use a PC for, there is essentially no reason to not consider a Mac.  I have yet to find a an application that does not have a comparable if not superior Mac version. The only major GPS company that does not support the Mac is Magellan. There are third party solutions or modern Macs can either boot into or run Windows on a virtual machine.

The other thing that the Mac has all over Windows is the user community. I have no problem getting advice when the odd strange problem creeps up - yes Macs can get wonky now and then. Its rare but when it does happen, a large number of Mac fans will come to my rescue. With Windows due to the large number of hardware and software combinations  I just do not find the level of user support.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

J_T

Well I got a Dell running Vista home preminum ??? I don't know zip about puters :'( It has wireless everything more ports than I know what for  ::) Hasen't missed a lick in almost a year  8) it was a present from Son  8) Got one those flat screens and all
Jim Holloway

DouginUtah

When Brian Livingston says "do it right now", I do it.

http://windowssecrets.com/comp/081024

Small patch and easy to do.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Warbird

Quote from: DouginUtah on October 24, 2008, 04:05:20 PM

When Brian Livingston says "do it right now", I do it.

http://windowssecrets.com/comp/081024

Small patch and easy to do.

Here is more info on it:  http://secunia.com/advisories/32326/

I'm not sure it could be as bad as Blaster was but better to be safe than sorry.

Thank You Sponsors!