iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky 365

Started by 630red, September 07, 2018, 05:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

630red

Hi guys,why had the older 365s have the felling line in black ,the newer ones top cover is all orange ?thanks for your replies

Canadiana

570 is in black not that i really use it like a rifle scope
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

Spike60

There isn't really a "why". Those lines are in fact there, molded into the casting like they always are. But for whatever reason they ran a bunch of 365's without painting those lines on either the top or side covers. Starters and cylinder covers for the 365/372 use the same part numbers. Pretty easy to just blacken them with a sharpie if you miss having them there.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

630red

it was a customer,he had a 1998 365 still going strong he wanted a new one the new ones we had no mark on them,he asked about it i rang head office they didnt know he bought it though,i offered to put a sharpie on it :D and he said yes.so he went away happy

HolmenTree

Sharpie markers work good. I spray painted this sprocket cover then colored  the Stihl letters and sighting line.
Line was a bit wonky though after having a cold brew :D

Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Canadiana

The letters came out looking great
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

HolmenTree

Quote from: Canadiana on October 12, 2018, 02:21:26 PM
The letters came out looking great
Thanks, yeah not bad for a fine point permanent marker .
I think a wide point tip may have worked better especially on the sight line. Durable too so far.
May have to get my 15 year old daughter a try at it with one of her artist paint brushes and some good black paint.
She's got a lot steadier hand then me.
:D
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!