iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Outlook express problems

Started by Dana, February 16, 2007, 06:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana

Yesterday my website, and incoming and outgoing mail were unavailable to me. Yesterday afternoon the website was back online. But ,when i went to check my mail, a box comes up asking me to logon  for mail "please enter your user name and password for the following server" All the required information is already displayed on the screen. I click o.k. or apply and it disappears for a second then pops back on.

I haven't changed any settings or messed with anything. The day before I did join a biodiesel group but it is paranoid to think that had anything to do with this isn't it?

My operating system uses the windows ME version if that helps. Any help would be appreciated.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

RSteiner

A few weeks ago I had a similar experience at work.  The IT department had not kept up on protecting us from unwanted down loads.  SpyBot detected over 12 different intrusions.  After fixing those the system ran good again.

I had the same log on problems you describe.  I did go back and reset my internet and outlook to the default settings, then rearranged them from there to where I wanted them.

Hope your problems are that simple.

Randy
Randy

Minnesota_boy

Call your ISP.  You pay them for a service and when that service quits working, it is their responsibility to fix it.  It's likely something on their end if you made no changes to yours.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Dana

I don't think its the ISP provider as I was able to view all websites except mine and my webmasters. My e-mail goes through his server. (not sure if thats what it is called)
I have sent him a message through his website and am waiting for a reply.
Anymore ideas?

BBTom

Email and web sites are two different puppies.  Email requires authentication ( username and password) It has been my experience that when that message comes up, it is because the authentication server at your ISP is down ,corrupted or under attack.  Check with your ISP, he may or may not know the problem exists. 
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Jeff

Its the email server Dana. Get a hold of your server host.  I just ran a test,  I wont post the results because it would include to many I.P, address's, but if you want to run it yourself go to www.dnsstuff.com go to near the bottom of the page, and to the right side you will see a utility for testing email.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dana

You guys sure do know how to call it. :) I contacted my web guy and he responded that the problem is "due to corruption on the primary drive from an io hardware failure" The problem haas been fixed.
I wonder if it was a failure or some type of virus? I guess either way its a failure.
Thanks to all who responded.   Dana

Dana

Jeff, I just went to your link. What area should I have looked at there are a lot of choices.

thecfarm

I'm no computer expect,but I'm mighty handy with a hammer when it comes to fixing this thing.By the way,you do have a anti virus progarm?If not get one.I useally start out with my provider if I am having trouble.Most of the time I get a recording saying they are having tech trouble.Something went to pieces last week,a simple phone call and 5 minutes later I was up and running.That's what I pay them for.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dana

thecfarm, No current anti-virus. Dell had Norton installed with one year assistance. I didn't sign up for the continued support.
I also have Spybot-Search and Destroy. I down loaded that a few years ago, and  it found a few things, the first time.  When I do the upgrades for spybot, it never finds anything. I have often wondered about that.

Ed_K

Go to AVG and download their free version I've been using it for 2 yrs with no problems.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!