iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

which filters?

Started by maple flats, July 09, 2009, 09:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

My new to me excavator needs help. First I need to find out what filters to use. The previous owner brilliantly re painted everything and I can't read the numbers. This is a Mitsibishi MXR 35 excavator, 4 cyl diesel. Do not know what engine it has if there is a choice. I need oil filter, fuel filter, hydraulic filter. Also will need rollers, front idler and maybe drive sprocket. Can anyone help? If you know the numbers just give mfgr, even if it is foreigh I might cross ref it. In the US or Canada, where can I get under carriage (new) parts. This is an 8000# machine. I originally read that Cat was teamed up with Mitsubishi but it turns out they only team up on heavier machines. Milton Cat could not steer me to a source.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

mcfcfan

Hi maple flats,
try this company http://www.donaldson.com/en/
I used to work for them in New Zealand and they had a vast range of filter listings for all types of machinery.
There is a USA phone number at the bottom of the link.
Good luck
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Sawyerfortyish

I usally just go to my local Napa and put it on the counter and they match it up or cross it over.

maple flats

I did manage to get the oil filter today. I went to my local farm equipment dealer with the oil filter. They looked at it and said it looked like a Kubota filter. He got one and we compared it, sure enough it matched. I installed it and perfect match. Still looking for fuel and hydraulic. I think I can do the same for these 2 and get a match. My BIG problem now is the undercarriage. I think I can get the rollers close enough to match but I really need to get 1 front idler before the existing one falls apart. I have been turning only with a high spot under the middle of the bad side to ease the turn. That is a real pain but I need to get the ditching done. After the ditching i can repair the idler unless I am forced to fix it do to catastrophic failure and the idler fall out before then.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

WH_Conley

Be careful on matching filters by sight. The gasket can be perfect but the threads can be off by a few thousandths on bore or pitch and not tighten properly.
Bill

ScottAR

What engine number?  There's several mitsu excavators on
the wix site but no MXR.   There may however be a conventional
excavator with the same bits as your zero swing... 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

maple flats

I have not been able to find any engine name or numbers yet.

mcfcfan

I agree with WH-Conley, matching filters by sight is not reqally recommended, there is also the pressure rating to think about as well.
This will be more important when it comes to the hydraulic filter.

maple flats

The hydraulic filter is in the return line which has essentially no pressure (unless there was an obstruction in between the filter and the tank, the filter is mounted directly on the outside of the tank. As for oil pressure in the Kubota filter I used and the Mitsubishi I doubt there could be any significant difference. Besides, no supplier nor 3 filter manufacturers could give me a number and I needed a new filter. With a screw on cartridge filter the hand tightened unit would leak long before a high pressure problem could give bigger problems. By sight may have not been a perfect method, It is working but I will keep an eye on it and I continue to see a proper number listed for this unit.

mcfcfan

Glad your getting somwhere close, at least its working 8)
Have you seen the thread from Kerris about parts in the USA.
Cheers Lee

maple flats

Thank You Sponsors!